Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 02-28-2022, 06:15 PM

I mailed out NZquilter's candies today. Happy Birthday early!

Today marked the first time I have gone to a quilting guild meeting in a couple years (or three or four). I dragged my dad with me just to give him a new experience. The meeting was packed and it went on for an hour before my dad had enough. Saw some beautiful quilts. Quite a lively bunch of quilters. Considering it was a 930 am meeting, and there were over 65 people in attendance, it was huge!

I don't need to go again anytime soon. I doubt I'll be able to get my father to go with me again. I tried to get him to catch the quilting bug.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:59 PM
Power Poster

Shoot I missed it! Oh well… I got 5 boom blocks made at home instead. Would have loved to meet you and your Dad.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:33 AM

Sewbizgirl, one day, we will meet! We wouldn't have been able to talk because we had to leave early. Perhaps we can meet at dinner somewhere? I'll PM you.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mardi Gras.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	638343  
Old 03-01-2022, 09:15 AM

My Bday candie packet is going in the mail today.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:05 AM

2-26 Jenn8r8, Patrick's Mom
2-28 loveofquilts
3-1 Crispy-Frog

Thank you, ladies! The anticipation is already mounting, knowing what fun each envelope holds! I'm going to try to hold off for my birthday, but I might cave earlier.

This week the weather is gorgeous! I have the windows open and the spring breeze is so welcome!

Ibex, it must have been wonderful having time with your dad. I don't think my Dad would have lasted 15 minutes at a quilt meeting. For some reason he always believed quilt stores were "in-and-out" places, like gas stations!
Old 03-02-2022, 04:25 PM

My Birthday Swap package for NZ was dropped in the mail today. Should arrive next week. How is everyone doing? Some of you are being very silent. Just a little wave of hello would let us all know all is well with you and yours.

Just a note about an "event" coming on March 19, National Quilting Day. I understand that many of our favorite quilting shops and sites will be hosting events and offering free patterns. If you find any you "love, love, love" post them here if you wish. If they happen to make use of 2.5's all the better!

If you are a follower of Pat Sloan you likely know about her newest free pattern, just posted yesterday, and a fundraiser for UNICEF and the children of Ukraine.
https://blog.patsloan.com/2022/03/free-quilters-stand-with-ukraine-pattern-fundraiser-for-ukraines-children-.html.

Hold on to the anticipation, NZ you still have a few weeks to go!

Happy Quilting every one. I keep watching for pictures of your 2.5 accomplishments.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:31 PM

Thanks for sharing the Pat Sloan challenge link, WMUTeach :-) I think I might be putting my current project on hold while I scour my stash for some blues and yellows...
Old 03-03-2022, 11:26 AM

Hope all are doing well - enjoying the sunshine (even though it is still cold!)

I thought I would share this little wall quilt I made many a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (11).jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	922.1 KB
ID:	638376  
Old 03-03-2022, 02:34 PM

Mail went out today
Here is a freebie - using Ukraine colors and sunflower. It is for 3.5 but we can do it with candy!!
https://sugarfreequilts.com/free-stu...VnFwBrfig5LE0o
Old 03-03-2022, 02:38 PM

Oh, how charming and so easy. We could all copy it in a blink of a Leprechauns eye. Love the square with the clovers/and the lady bugs.

I just saw the sunflower pattern from Travelinggamma. Now that would use up some 2.5! I saved the paper to my computer list of "to do" patterns. Thank you.

Hey, there Swappers, I just looked at the April list and we have THREE birthdays in April. If you are cut as you go folks.... be prepared. Tee-Hee-Hee! The birthdays are coming!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-03-2022 at 02:42 PM.