Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New policy at LQS >

New policy at LQS

New policy at LQS

Old 03-07-2022, 06:36 AM

This practice would scare me right out of the shop. With the cost of new machines I don't have money to throw away! I spent a couple hours looking at new machines yesterday and that policy would have made me leave the shop asap.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
Whenever I've purchased a new machine, in the box, in the store, I've had them unbox it. I insisted they show me that it actually runs and stitches as it should. Who knows how the machine was handled in shipping, storage, etc. Always have them demo it for you before you buy, that way you know it works. If the store is not willing to do that, then go someplace else.
Great idea!!! Not sure if covid had anything to do with it but I had noticed on several of the resell sites the abundance of sewing machines being listed. People started going back to work and soon lost interest in a new hobby they took up during lock down.

I do agree I wouldn't buy a brand new sewing machine from a store that didn't offer some sort of return if I changed my mind but if the machine is defective 100% they should refund the full price.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

I have read hundreds of posts replies to return fabric that bleeds or pre cuts that are not the right size. I guess not at this store. I can understand no returns on notions.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:00 AM

rjwilder, here too. My LQS not only goes over it when purchased, but we get free classes on both the basics of the machine and the special tasks it can do. Then if we want more, they do project classes which take advantage of the machines' versatility. And that is even with the previously owned machines. There are several LQSs within a reasonable distance, but I tend to go to the one described here. Guess for good reason.