Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed with Missouri Star  :( >

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Old 03-10-2022, 04:37 PM

It is so strange how different the carriers are in different parts of the country. Where I am, the USPS is by far the most reliable and provides the best service. Next best is FedEx, and UPS is a distance third. And as I have mentioned before, the package is often started out by one of the private carriers who then pass it on the USPS for the final delivery. When my friends who live pretty rural, get a package, they actually have to drive to a pick-up place about 10 miles from them to get it.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:49 PM

we have had Fed Ex drivers leave packages at the street end of the driveway! a driver only has to stop and passenger can open the door and scoop up the delivery! such service. FedEx drivers are upset with the company yet take it out on customers. Evidently we don't have that much "pull" as customers as they think we do. So no FedEx for me if possible.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:16 PM

Speaking of shipping time experiences, I have to give props to eQuilter.com. I've ordered twice from them in the last couple of weeks. One order came in 3 days, the other in 4 days. This is from Colorado to small town Alabama, not just down the interstate, and USPS.

Daffy
Old 03-11-2022, 07:14 AM

I placed an order February 22 and I’m still waiting. My daughter that lives about 5 miles from me placed an order the same day. She got her order in a week ago. Now when it comes I won’t be able to sew. I took a bad fall and messed up my shoulder. Hit my head and knees too but shoulder is killing me when pain medicine wears off.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

The same exact thing happened to me. Ordered a bolt of fabric from MQC. It came, I put it away because of being busy during the holidays. When I did have time to sew and got the bolt out I was very disappointed with how thin it was. Had it too long to return. Live and learn I guess. Now I check everything as soon as I get it.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

I go to a Hobby Lobby and buy my wide backings. They are cut and rolled on bolt straight. I buy two yards at a time. I take them home and wash and dry before using.

I don't buy anything on line.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
Somewhat slower? I placed a simple order with MSQC on Feb 10. It arrived March 5.
I've had great luck with the smaller fabric sellers online, my last two recent CaliQuiltCo orders were shipped the day after I ordered and they arrived within a week. MerMer Fabrics, Cotton Patch Fabrics, several other of the Etsy sellers I use, no issues with shipping, my orders are going out within a day or two and arriving on time.

Not saying that MSQC is a bad place to shop but I've found that as a shop gets bigger, customer service tends to go down
Old 03-12-2022, 05:16 AM

I thought that perhaps MSQC should be advised about the complaints on shipping time. I logged on and got the computer-generated message board and left a message. They asked for my e-mail and said a human would get back to me. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

The MSQC Facebook page gets posts about the shipping delays. The company has addressed the issue many times. One posted the items packaged have to be taken by truck load to the carrier unloaded and re sorted and loaded again. That is the biggest delay. I don't know how far the carrier is but none are local there.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

I have a favorite seller on Etsy I buy 90% of my fabric from. She ships very fast, like within 2-4 days it's here and she's in California. I do know from my experience on eBay using USPS shipping that I can ship to California faster than say, New York.
It depends on the distribution centers.