Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
teaching my granddaughter to quilt >

teaching my granddaughter to quilt

teaching my granddaughter to quilt

Old 03-11-2022, 06:44 AM

First of all such a beautiful granddaughter. Her quilt is beautiful. I love the star. I hope she continues to find a love for quilting.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:27 AM

What a great dual project. Working together makes learning more fun. Like someone previously said, this will be remembered and loved throughout her lifetime. She's a real cutie, as is her quilt block.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:11 PM

Great memories ahead for you both! Her quilt looks wonderful.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:24 AM

She is very proud of her work.[/QUOTE]
And she should be!!
Awesome choice of colors and expert sewing. This girl has skills!
Old 03-12-2022, 05:10 AM

Great job in teaching your GD a new skill and hopefully a life long passion. I recently taught my grandniece how to sew. Like you we began with small, easier projects. My GN is an avid reader and she made a reading pillow. We found the free pattern online. The pillow had a pocket for storing the book when not reading and a handle to for carrying. She loves it and uses it every night while reading before bedtime. Perhaps this is something your GD would like as well.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:14 AM

Very nice and exciting for you and your granddaughter. I look forward to when my granddaughter is old enough to sew.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Smile

A quilting star is born. She is obviously so proud of her work with grandma. I am thinking she could make it into a tote so she can carry it around for all of the attention it would generate. Sewing is a skill she needs too, so why not teach her to make something useful at the same time? Tote bags are easy to make.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
Great job in teaching your GD a new skill and hopefully a life long passion. I recently taught my grandniece how to sew. Like you we began with small, easier projects. My GN is an avid reader and she made a reading pillow. We found the free pattern online. The pillow had a pocket for storing the book when not reading and a handle to for carrying. She loves it and uses it every night while reading before bedtime. Perhaps this is something your GD would like as well.
Great idea!!! Thank you!
Old 03-15-2022, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
A quilting star is born. She is obviously so proud of her work with grandma. I am thinking she could make it into a tote so she can carry it around for all of the attention it would generate. Sewing is a skill she needs too, so why not teach her to make something useful at the same time? Tote bags are easy to make.
A tot would be perfect when she goes to the pool this summer. Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-16-2022, 03:43 AM

The pattern I used for the book pillow was found free on www.polkadotchair.com. I thought the tote bag was a great idea too. I had forgotten my grand niece and I made one as well. Have fun sewing with your granddaughter.