Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed with Missouri Star  :( >

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Old 03-12-2022, 07:50 AM

Ha, yesterday, I got a delivery and got three notices that it had been delivered, one from UPS, one from USPS, and one from the store. It did however get here in the two days as promised.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-12-2022 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:07 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
A couple months ago my dh bought a 108 fabric backing to finish a quilt he had made. With the holidays and the whole family down with Covid.... I just washed it this past week. We discovered two pencil sized holes in the middle of the backing as well as what looks like a 2 inch cut about 6 inches in from one selvage (It looks like someone dinged it with a rotary cutter.)

I have 3 yard of 108 wide backing that is unusable for the quilt! UGH! I contacted them and was told that they don't accept returns after 30 days.

Learn from my mistake.... if you buy online, open it and wash it ASAP just in case there's something wrong with it! (Although I also don't think they would've taken it back since it had been washed). So at least open it and INSPECT it ASAP. I'm out about $75.
That is surprising and not very good customer service. So sorry that happened, I rarely order from them as it takes over 2 weeks to get a package to Washington State via Fed Ex. And on Fed Ex the tracking just stops and you have no idea where your package is.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:28 PM

I just made my first order with M today. I had some notions to get and they had the best price plus the deal of the day was great as well as I got a coupon for my first order and that bought thing down. I am in no hurry to get my order right now I have enough to keep me busy for the next century!. I will wait and see how it goes.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:13 AM

Well, i have orders with them that i have forgotten about. When i get confirmation of ship, i remember that i ordered! And i have also gotten notices of a product that was discontinued. That always surprises me. Why is it listed if its discontinued? But i will still order.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:31 AM

I have the same experience with them about 6 months ago and I was extremely pleased!
Old 03-14-2022, 08:08 AM

Ah but think how much worse it could be. We were told our muffler will take 5 or 6 months to get here. As ours is still under warranty , they patched it but now our patch has fallen off. An hours drive back to the shop. At least with fabric most of us can work on a different project until the fabric arrives. I am another that wants to see and feel it in real life before I buy. I don’t like fabric I can see through or that feels rough.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:39 AM

Call them and email them. They are a family store and want to be good for their word. They sent me the wrong thread @ $28 a spool. I called and told them. They said they would send me the right one. It never came. A year later I emailed them telling them that I wasn’t going to ever order from them again. They sent me the right thread. They will fix what is wrong. Try it again.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:11 PM

Linda, good luck. I get emails from customer service about removing the spam but now today i cannot get into the forum at all because someone banned me!! for spam!! go figure. sigh.