2022 UFO challenge

Old 03-13-2022, 04:31 AM

Nice finish Dedamac. Looks like a fun pattern and love the blue batiks. Great job.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:40 AM

Nice finish Dedemac. I finally pulled out a UFO and realized why it is a UFO. I am not sure how to quilt it. As it will be donated, I will probably just do a quick cross hatch. May not be the best option for this pattern but it will get done
Old 03-13-2022, 06:57 PM

Thank you 'happylab,' 'jmoore,' and 'cjsew for your kind thoughts, it helps me to stay motivated on those other projects,

Dedemac that is a pretty piece that you completed, I like blue also

Happy piecing everyone---cherrybsixty
Old 03-14-2022, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad View Post
-----
The second center is just another panel. I am thinking of doing a floating pieced border. Hopefully, it turns out as good as I think it will.
I was able to get the Sister/Brother Horse panel center completed in mid-February. Mostly I like the borders I came up with. Next time, I will think of something different for the corners.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220213_095239_resized.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1,017.5 KB
ID:	638627   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220213_095327_resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	638628  
Old 03-16-2022, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

I had 2 days off and managed to get the bindings on 3 of Ben’s quilts I had quilted - they were small-ish quilts. The big one the binding is sewn onto the front and hand stitched about 1/2 way around. Then I have one ( still Ben’s) it’s quilted, that has a flannel back, pieced front that’s fairly large that I pulled fabric for the binding and found ( I think) the last one of his left to quilt.
i loaded my Jinny Beyer Lotus quilt to get quilted and managed to start it today. So, I accomplished some ufo progress these 2 days. Back to work tomorrow for a busy 7 days; next week, Friday Saturday Sunday I will try to get that binding on the flannel backed quilt, finish the hand stitching on the started one and make more progress on my quilt. During breaks , slow times at work I’m making progress on a flannel quilt as you go hand embroidery project. Slow but making progress. It will be nice to get the last of Ben’s finished and sent to him. I have 2 big ( kingsize) tops of my own to quilt and 4 or 5 smaller ones. I decided to work on one of mine before Ben’s final one for a few reasons but the biggest reason is I want to gift it in May, and I’ve been working on Ben’s quilts since last September while mine just sit in a stack.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:32 PM

Working on quilting my 2020 Covid quilt. Almost half done. Will post a photo when bound and ready to move it to the finished pile. By the end of the month for sure. Fingers crossed that it will be sooner, so I can quilt another UFO. Three Cheers for Finished UFOs! Hip, Hip Horrah!
Old 03-16-2022, 08:44 PM

Motorcyclemad, bravo on your finish

'ck,' and 'WMUT,' the sound of motivation really sounds great looking forward to pix from you both

Happy sewing everyone

cherrybsixty
Old 03-17-2022, 11:27 AM

Very lovely colors Dedemac, I’m a big fan of batiks and blue batiks. I like the background batik color too.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:57 PM

FYI = VQW started tonight.

this weekend I’m working on a 2 year old ufo king size mystery quilt. My goal to complete the top and set it up to be quilted. I just haven’t figured out the backing fabric yet.

I also need to quilt the top that’s on the quilting machine now, yep it’s an UFO. So I expect to have 2 UFOs done this month.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:53 AM

'happylab', I am joining you over on the 'VQW' thread and hope to see some of what you got going on there. I'm not working on a 'UFO' this month. The thread got me inspired last month and I did finish a project that I had cut out for about three years. When I start putting it together, it just went so easy. Why do we do that to ourselves? Start a project and then get side-tracked with it. I do need to find some border and backing for it.

Happy piecing everyone

cherrybsixty