Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 03-09-2022, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
WMUTeach: Way to go! Like you said, glorious memories and the bonus of lost quilt pictures. It’s also a reminder for me to go through CDs and the pictures on the old desktop.
Does anyone else worry that all the photo albums that we so carefully filled for our children are never going to be looked at? I have a lot of pictures on my computer that I need to have printed, but I wonder if it is worth it if no one else cares about looking at them. I also have lots of pictures that were never sorted into albums. I used to be really good at labeling the pictures and putting them into the albums.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:24 AM

Picture sorting success.............kind of. I got all of my photos off of thumb drives and divided into into folders by year and topic/grandchild on my laptop. Next step is to go photo by photo and date them. One step down and on to the next!. Will any one look at them in the future? My family are good historians and my son and one daughter are photographers. So, for me yes, they will be looked at. I am deleting duplicates and the blurry ones along the way as well as the "what was that" pictures.

I am also toying with creating an electronic file of photos that I would like to be used at my funeral/memorial.(No plans on leaving any time soon. ) There are some things, particularly in my professional life, that I am proud of that my family were not part of. Guess I would just like those to be acknowledges also.

I create opportunities to show my photos to my grandchildren. I want them to see their parents as children, me as a child and pictures of great and great great grandparents back 4 & 5 generations back. I take great pleasure in listening to them exclaim "Is that mommy?" and for them to discover that it was my grandmother as a child or her father. Yes, for me it is part of my grandmother obligation to pass down family history. Back to labeling photos! You have been so patient while I ramble on.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:04 AM

Bit the bullet yesterday and gathred up ALL my left over jelly rolls that were hiding in various containers all over my sewing and fabric rooms. Sorted, folded or rolled, and secured by rubber bands. Took about 6 hours but now they are piled HIGH in ONE plastic container. Found lots of "what in the world was I thinking" strips, partial jellies, short strips, and some really cute ones that I wish I had more. Pulled 3 patterns that are jelly friendly to use up those jellies. I'll deal with wandering fat quarters next month...maybe.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:54 AM

WMUTeach….great job with your photo sorting. My computer phots are done but I downloaded phone photos and I’m still sorting those out. I’m trying to get all the pictures of our house build organized. Hubbie wants an album of the pictures so we can refer back to them on where the wiring and plumbing is in all the walls before we hammer away…

Julie…I dislike jelly rolls…lol… I am down to just one left. Lots of patterns available for those…good luck..

So, I have this large fabric tote I use to throw scraps in as I work away…typically, I control that by cutting up scraps etc. I lost track of this and it runneth over, so I tackled that this week. All scraps cut up in usable sizes and my strip scraps are at a point I need to do something with them…Also, purged my wrapping paper. Rolls everywhere. Threw some out that were ugly or minuscule on roll…and threw out the cardboard tubes….have no clue why I was keeping those so those are gone, now, my wrapping stuff is nice and tidy.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:24 AM

I'm making slow progress. I ordered more of the tubs I'll be using for my stash, they will be here on Monday. I've been going through boxes and pulling out the small bits and incorrectly sorted and found some of my boxes had more room in them than I thought, and some are easier to sort into "not keeping", so I think my "closet sized" amount is about what I'll end up with.

I also got some zip drives to help sort/back-up my computer files.

Still haven't packed the vinyl albums but their cases have arrived, and we got pallets so that the cardboard doesn't sit on the former-garage cement floor. Once they are packed, the good dishes that are making the move can be packed and placed on top of them/the pallets.

There's still a lot of stuff to deal with and it doesn't look maybe like so much progress has been made, but it's at the point where it's going to start looking a lot more handled soon. If I keep up with it!
Old 03-12-2022, 04:15 AM

Ashley333, great job on organizing your room.
WMUTeach, kudos on your picture sorting success…I’m sure it was a daunting task. I can only imagine how photos accumulate over the years.

It is a dreary day here in Maine…perfect day to clean out my coat closet. DH and I have separate closets in our mud room and I was surprised to discover a couple of things that don’t belong there so I will empty it out today and feel better about it.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:12 AM

Spam reported for post #147.
Old 03-14-2022, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

On Jan 1 of last year I tore my whole room apart. It took 8 full days but was awesome when I finished. I need to re-do it now though. Last year was a banner year for me making quilts so I have quite a mess going on!
Old 03-17-2022, 07:05 AM

My new empty totes came and I am continuing to fill them. Ugh, so many boxes of miscellaneous that I have to go through piece by piece to achieve my end goals. I keep out a box just for "stuff that should be with other stuff" and that helps for the boxes already made, even if I am constantly going back and putting things from box to box.

I will have to start putting labels on the totes, I have a template made in my word processing program. I will be using a large font but the template limits the size so it will fit a specific place on the box. And, the labels should fit within the width of standard box tape so they can be easily put in place (but can still be changed, albeit ripped out and start fresh but can be changed).

It is always amazing to me with filing of any sort how what you need to access is always on the bottom of the stack of boxes!
Old 03-18-2022, 03:25 AM

This is a bit of a look back at yesterday, but I still have more to go. I am in the habit of saving free quilt patterns on my computer. Well, I started yesterday to take a serious look at the several 100 patterns I had saved. I found the delete button on my computer and got started. With my eyes wide open and a reality check close at hand, I started looking at each one and made a choice. Will I really make that quilt? Am I interested in making that quilt? In all reality, will I ever make that quilt as lovely as it is? Got part way through the pile of saved patterns, more on my agenda for today.