Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Old 03-17-2022, 04:03 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Welcome to the March VQW . I hope many of you will be able to join in this weekend. I'm not sure yet what I'm working on. I'll look around the sewing room in the morning and see what strikes my fancy!

The next VQW will be April 15-17, 2022.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:52 PM

I am in. I just finished quilting a lap quilt. Also got a bed quilt back from the LA’r. Both are ready to put bindings on. Not sure what I will get into after those are done.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:22 PM

I’m in. I’ll be quilting my Snail Trail Al Fresco quilt. I also want to get the borders on my Oct. Debby Brown colorblock quilt and pull out my Bonnie Hunter ORL UFO.

thanks for hosting Heather!

Rob
Old 03-17-2022, 07:04 PM

Thanks Heather for hosting another fabulous weekend of "VQW". i know that I wrote it down somewhere that it was this weekend but I don't remember where I put that little notice at. But I am in this weekend.
I am working on my 'Edyta Sitar Laundry Basket -California- pattern, I got all the blocks finished and I am assembling it together in it's four quarters. I do need to cut some small borders for the orange laptop that I started working on in February's VQW. I might try to post pix of the orange in this weekend VQW. I am also doing some hand embroidery on pre-stamp cross stitching. I can stay busy all weekend long, especially if it rains as hard as the weather man predicts.

Happy piecing everyone

cherrybsixty
Old 03-17-2022, 09:51 PM

Happy St Patrick’s day everyone. I hope it was a great one.

I’m in again. My goal, to finish a ufo from 2 years ago. I started this on March 14, 2020 at a mystery lock-in. I want to get it finished so I can show it to the group for this year’s lock-in in another week. I worked on the sub-blocks today. I have 25 blocks 2/3 done. I figure I will have that portion done tomorrow morning and I can start putting the blocks together tomorrow night. Then square the blocks and put it together. I just checked and I’m 90% sure I have enough fabric to complete the sashing and borders. I decided to change the layout a tab to fit my bed. Instead of 111” by 111” I plan to make it ~ 90” by ~120”. The layout will be 6 blocks across by 4 blocks down (18.5” blocks) verses the 5 by 5 block layout. Then I only need 24 blocks verses the 25 blocks. All the parts are cut, I just need to sew. I’m really excited about this one. Then I need to cut out and sew the pre-sewing steps for this years lock-in. I’m so excited about this activity.
For a break I will continue to slowly work on this years BHMQ. I thought I was done with part 4, but found about 20 more to sew. Those perky little butterflies (hourglass). Then finish part 5 and it will be happy block making time. I always enjoy making the blocks.
Happy sewing and quilting everyone.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:49 AM

Wow. This came fast. I consider the March VQW our spring version!!!! I guess I'm in since I've been up since 3:30AM sewing. Don't you just love it when you've got a busy day ahead of you at work and your awake in the middle of the night already planning the day. After that and your wide awake, what better to do than to go sew. Looking forward to checking in this weekend and seeing everyone's progress and eye candy. Thank you Heather as always for hosting, this is such a motivation thread and rejuvination for the soul. Happy sewing everyone and happy spring!
Old 03-18-2022, 01:24 AM

I'm up before the sun today, so I plan to get to work on a baby quilt. I have started cutting out the blocks and next is to pin the sashing strips. I love to pin as I listen to a quilting podcast. Today is Grandma day so I will have my granddaughter (19mo) all day. I may squeeze in a bit of quilting as she naps. Enjoy every minute of quilting time you can find!
Old 03-18-2022, 02:42 AM

Good morning VQW'ers, like 'Quiltah Mama' and 'Copycat', I think that I will join you in my quilting room this morning. All I am doing is lying in bed with my legs cramping up. I could be sitting up and getting some sewing done. I got three of those four quarters all laid out in the floor and all I have to do is get it to buzzing in there. So I will toddle to the kitchen and get me a cup of warmed over java and get started.

Happy piecing everyone

cherrybsixty
Old 03-18-2022, 03:04 AM

I am in again......... Plans for the weekend are simple.

1. Make 15 more of the pinwheels then create and add their sashing to keep them stable. Nearly every edge is on the bias. So my can of spray starch is handy.
2. Finish the straight line quilting on a UFO when I get bored with the pinwheels or start getting careless.
3. Go for a walk in the rain and smell the scents of spring.
Happy stitching everyone, may your accomplishments his weekend be grand.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220318_065051.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	638672  
Old 03-18-2022, 03:12 AM

Good morning WMUT, since I am still lurking on the board I just want to say that is a beautiful block. Blessing with that creation.

Happy piecing

cherrybsixty