Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Remember me. I’m the one who saved hard for the end! Not an understatement.
Here’s one for Reba.
GramE, your basket is stunning!
Old 03-17-2022, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

GramE, the flower basket is gorgeous! Can't imagine how the mystery 1/8th of a block will end up looking. Gorgeous too, I'm sure!

The hardest Boom quilt for me to let go of was the one with the blue surfer fabric and OPs on it. I was making it for a donation quilt for a teen boy, but I miss it so much!
Old 03-17-2022, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Remember me. I’m the one who saved hard for the end! Not an understatement.
Here’s one for Reba.
Wow, I just love the basket and broderie perse, thank you sew very much. Brilliant!!
Old 03-17-2022, 09:36 AM

I found one for Macybaby at the bottom of the bin. It’s called Spinner from Quilters Cache. Score another for me. Now it is time for a nap! This old lady needs naps, at least one a day!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9D428BAA-066A-4A0B-8A4D-05B321C74ECC.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	979.6 KB
ID:	638666  
Old 03-17-2022, 09:50 AM

GrammE, those are all very pretty blocks. Really love that basket!

I packed up all the Azaleas blocks yesterday, and DH is supposed to get them in the mail today. I'll send tracking via email after I get home tonight.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:55 PM

GrammE, fantastic basket and can’t wait to see your teaser turn into a block
Old 03-17-2022, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
GramE, your basket is stunning!
thank you Janice.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
GramE, the flower basket is gorgeous! Can't imagine how the mystery 1/8th of a block will end up looking. Gorgeous too, I'm sure!

thank you Sewbizgirl. I have high hope for the airplane fabric.

The hardest Boom quilt for me to let go of was the one with the blue surfer fabric and OPs on it. I was making it for a donation quilt for a teen boy, but I miss it so much!
Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Wow, I just love the basket and broderie perse, thank you sew very much. Brilliant!!
thank you Reba. I have no idea what broderie perse is, I just liked the idea of cutting out all those flowers. I was babysitting a grand dog who weighs about 4-5 pounds, she sat on my lap while I cut out flowers.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
GrammE, those are all very pretty blocks. Really love that basket!

thank you Macy, I just thought it was an attractive basket that was different than most.
I packed up all the Azaleas blocks yesterday, and DH is supposed to get them in the mail today. I'll send tracking via email after I get home tonight.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
GrammE, fantastic basket and can’t wait to see your teaser turn into a block
thank you Terri, I’m learning a lot in this two month group. Mostly get busy, hurry up!

wow some of my responses got in the quotes.

Last edited by GramE; 03-17-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

GramE, wow, look at you go! So many pretty blocks... no wonder you need a nap. (I love naps too.)
Old 03-18-2022, 05:07 AM

I think I’m going to look at real estate listings differently. I want to buy a sewing room house that has room for living space included. I need to call FEMA and see if they have a disaster assessment team available to check out my sewing room. Maybe I can get govt assistant. My husband was vacuuming yesterday. He opened the door to the sewing room so he could vacuum. I heard him mumble something and shut the door. He doesn’t know that I’m considering putting a sewing machine up on the dining room table. Ok, organization has never been my strong point, but I’ve hit a new low. I’m almost to the end. I’m not used to moving this fast. I’m the tortoise not the hare.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:04 AM

GramE - I like your thinking! That is basically what I did with the house I'm now living in. When we lived in the country, I had the upstairs area for sewing, and a seperate SheShed for my LA and vintage sewing machine collection. So when we decided to sell and move to town (fall 2019), the most important thing for me was room for my sewing and LA. We even considered downsizeing to a queen size bed if we couldn't find a house with two large rooms, one of the LA and one for a king size bed.

I feel very lucky in that we found a small house that had a big attached garage (30x30) with a MIL apartment above the garage. The bedroom in the apartment is the prefect size for the LA, and the rest of the living area is great for my craft room. And I love having a full bathroom with a full size washer and dryer. And the narrow walk in closet is prefect for stash storage.

So, yea, I bought a sewing studio that happens to be attached to decent living space. We'll be moving again when I retire in 4-5 years, and room for my sewing will still be a major requirement. Though I do plan on downsizing my vintage machine collection again. Though DH has said he'd like to have a home and then rent warehouse space for my sewing.