Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

LOL Macybaby, then you'd be at the warehouse all the time!

The lady who started and led our charity quilting group is in her 90's now,s and decided about two years ago that she needed to move into an assisted living facillity. So she moved herself into one! She has a nice one bedroom apartment with living room and kitchen. She moved all her machines and quilting stuff into the bedroom, it's a sewing room now. She uses the big walk in closet for her stash and supplies. And she sleeps on a daybed in the living room. She has her priorities straight!

Oh, and she quilts every day, providing our group with tons of beautiful scrappy tops to finish for her.

BTW, our group has donated 3250 quilts since it began about 12 years ago. Not bad for a dozen or so busy women!
Old 03-18-2022, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

GramE, pace yourself! I hope you don't stress over getting your blocks done. And I have a sewing machine on my dining room table too! It's my main place to sew. That started in 2003 when I had my Dad and needed to keep an eye on him for safety. My sewing spot in the dining room looks straight into the living room, and left into the kitchen. I could keep an eye on Dad and the dinner I was simmering on the stove at the same time as sewing!

My kids don't come for holidays anymore, we usually have them at one of their houses, so the dining table is all mine for sewing.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
GramE, pace yourself! I hope you don't stress over getting your blocks done. And I have a sewing machine on my dining room table too! It's my main place to sew. That started in 2003 when I had my Dad and needed to keep an eye on him for safety. My sewing spot in the dining room looks straight into the living room, and left into the kitchen. I could keep an eye on Dad and the dinner I was simmering on the stove at the same time as sewing!

My kids don't come for holidays anymore, we usually have them at one of their houses, so the dining table is all mine for sewing.
our kitchen, dinner and live room space is open so no hiding. And my hubby in our later years has become the hoarder (books) so you’d think he wouldn’t notice but when my stuff begins to encroach on his space, he cries foul! I tried to make a Bonnie Hunter quilt from the sunroom and like to drive myself crazy running back and forth. The biggest problem I have using one machine is moving the needle and forgetting. I did it again yesterday on Reba’s basket. Brain cells die a whole lot faster than fat cells. If I was neat and orderly, I’d have room for two machines being out. But I have 2 quilts working, crocheting an elephant who wonders if she’s ever gonna get her other ear and 2 legs. I like my set up, I just don’t like that the cleaning lady is very moody.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
LOL Macybaby, then you'd be at the warehouse all the time!

The lady who started and led our charity quilting group is in her 90's now,s and decided about two years ago that she needed to move into an assisted living facillity. So she moved herself into one! She has a nice one bedroom apartment with living room and kitchen. She moved all her machines and quilting stuff into the bedroom, it's a sewing room now. She uses the big walk in closet for her stash and supplies. And she sleeps on a daybed in the living room. She has her priorities straight!

Oh, and she quilts every day, providing our group with tons of beautiful scrappy tops to finish for her.

BTW, our group has donated 3250 quilts since it began about 12 years ago. Not bad for a dozen or so busy women!
that is fabulous! If you want something done, they say ask a busy person! I’d love to be the old lady in your charity group! Doc keeps telling me as long as I’m quilting there is not too much wrong with my brain.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:02 PM

GramE, love your new block for Macybaby. Don't forget there are still about 3 weeks until the blocks are due so you have some time. By my calculations, it looks like you've got most of your blocks done. Try not to fret about it too much.

I love reading about others' sewing rooms and quilting habits. So interesting!
Old 03-18-2022, 05:53 PM

Love the warehouse idea Macybaby. Sewing area was also a priority for me in our new house in Minnesota and the one we are purchasing here in Texas. Right now in our trailer my sewing machine and iron are set up in the laundry/ storage area attached to the trailer. I cut out my fabric on the kitchen counter so I have fabric sitting there, then I go through the kitchen and bedroom to sew and press my pieces then back to the kitchen to cut to them to the correct size. Back and forth and back and forth and sewing stuff everywhere. Drives me crazy.. My Texas sewing room will be simple but at least I can keep the mess all in one room

GramE my sister has to move her foot over also, she taped a note right on her machine to check needle position B4 sewing.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:25 PM

Here are the other 7/8 of Travelinggramma’s airplane block. The pattern was called stars upon stars.
I was in such a hurry to see if it measured properly, I didn’t see it’s a bit cattywampus on the right side. Something to start my day with. Oh yeah, it’s already Saturday. I was determined to get it done today. I guess Saturday is the day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D58BEBA7-040F-46FB-9164-418CB91BF843.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	556.2 KB
ID:	638679  
Old 03-19-2022, 12:17 AM

Wow, GramE! I love TG's block!
Old 03-19-2022, 03:40 AM

Wow, GramE! What a block for TG! Another terrific block.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:21 AM

Yes a definite Wow GrammE. Love the design and your colors absolutely pop