Viking Ruby 90

Old 03-19-2022, 04:23 AM

Default Viking Ruby 90

Hello, I’m thinking about purchasing a Viking Ruby 90. Does anyone have any experience with this machine?
Old 03-19-2022, 05:38 AM

No real experience with it other than I have also been looking at it.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:47 AM

I have owned vikings in the past and I recently purchased a Viking Topaz 40. In the past I owned a Viking D1 and a Viking SE. I have not embroidered yet on the Topaz. The D1 and SE did just fine embroidery and it was fairly easy to use. I have a friend who has an SE and an EPIC. She says they do fine embroidery. The Ruby has been out for a while and there should be plenty of reviews out there. Is this a new machine or used? I see the Ruby 90 is still in production and I would want to purchase it from a dealer so I have the full warranty and support.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-19-2022 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:21 AM

Sewingpup, this is a new in the box machine that a local quilt shop is having a promotion on. I thought maybe it had
been on the market for a while but the funny thing is I can’t seem to find reviews. I would trade in my Janome 9400 qpc for this, the Janome isn’t an embroidery machine. I also have an old Janome 9700 which is also an embroidery/sewing machine but it’s so old it uses old SD cards and you can’t buy them any more. That’s why I’m considering the Ruby 90.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:07 PM

Just talked with my friend who has the epic and se and she says she thinks all those upper line Vikings are just fin and she likes what she has.
There may have been other models of the Ruby besides the 90, but it is new so should be good!
Old 03-20-2022, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I have owned vikings in the past and I recently purchased a Viking Topaz 40. In the past I owned a Viking D1 and a Viking SE. I have not embroidered yet on the Topaz. The D1 and SE did just fine embroidery and it was fairly easy to use. I have a friend who has an SE and an EPIC. She says they do fine embroidery. The Ruby has been out for a while and there should be plenty of reviews out there. Is this a new machine or used? I see the Ruby 90 is still in production and I would want to purchase it from a dealer so I have the full warranty and support.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it very much.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:25 AM

A friend of mine down in Florida has one and she loves it. We both started out with Viking's Designer 1 back in 2000. She'd gone away from doing embroidery for a number of years so she's having to learn all over again but she's having a blast with it. I've got the Epic 1 and I love it so I can't give you a personal opinion other than what she tells me daily. She did have an issue with one of the hoops breaking, the knob that tighens the hoop, something about it being a different type of knob, it was on the 150x150 quilters hoop. I've not had any issues with any of my hoops so far.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the info, really leaning towards getting the Ruby 90.