Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby question >

Hobby Lobby question

Hobby Lobby question

Old 03-19-2022, 09:34 PM

I might be wrong, but before this change, wasn’t fabric 30% off ALL the time ?? Why not just price it at that & not mess with our minds. I have to drive across town so I have called the store to see if it’s “sale week” but now I just Google their ad if I want to know. The employees told me they don’t know until Saturday evening if it will be on sale the coming week.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:06 AM

This morning's e-mail had the new Hobby Lobby ad in it. Sure enough the fabric is 30% off this week instead of last week. I have to go to "that" side of town sometime this week for a haircut, but doubt if I'll need anything to stop in for. Thak you to the lady who said it's now every other week, as I'll be sure to look for the ad next time I need anything.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

I live about four miles from a HL store. I stop there to browse a lot. There is always a sale but different depts have the sales. The coupons were dropped a long time ago. I rarely buy fabric there, the selection seems to always be the same. It's really more of a craft store with fabric and a few notions.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:43 AM

I was told it was 30% off for a week every month and to watch the weekly ads which are easy to find on the internet. I actually think it’s happening more often now.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:51 AM

hobby lobby has always scared me. I dunno, I think it is the artificial flowers. Yep, I think it is more of a craft store sort of, with a lot of artificial flowers. I am a real plant sort of person.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:15 AM

The one thing fabric wise HL has that I really like is a better collection of Kona mixed with some other solids than JoAnn’s. One of the other fabrics has a shade called Delft which is my new favorite for background fabrics. I bought the last of the Delft a couple of weeks ago and really hope a new bolt appears soon! Lol. HL is really close to our home so it is the easiest place for me to go to buy for my quilting and I watch the 30% off pretty closely.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:20 AM

I liked their flannel materials but I found I can purchase them cheaper other locations. Buyers need to stand up and complain or otherwise prices will continue to rise.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:35 PM

I love Hobby Lobby and am there at least once a week. Fabric, along with pretty much everything else in the store, is on sale every other week. I far prefer the quality of their fabrics to Joann's and there's always something to coordinate with the one fabric you fall in love with.

Also, watch their clearance bin--they mark fabric down to $5 and then eventually $3 and you can get some crazy good deals on them.