Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to quilt show! >

Going to quilt show!

Going to quilt show!

Old 03-19-2022, 06:27 PM

I'm heading to Sisters in Oregon in July. Really looking forward to it!
Old 03-20-2022, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I lived in Missouri for over 55 years and traveled to Branson a couple of times. Now I'm in Iowa and no longer get to go see the shows. I miss it.
I miss the AQS show in Des Moines. My daughter and I went every year.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:06 AM

We have a quilt show in Madison, WI that I have attended for several years. It was cancelled the last 2 years because of Covid so I am really looking forward to it this year.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
I'm going to the quilt show in May in Archbold, Ohio. Not a big show, but a nice one.
I'm going too! Are you taking any of the classes or the schoolhouse?
Old 03-20-2022, 09:35 PM

Ha great time and show us some pictures please.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:43 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun. And I agree - don't wait to go anywhere if you don't have to. When my DH & I retired we traveled like crazy because too many of our friends waited and now have health issues and don't want to go anywhere. And my parents waited to take the Alaskan cruise they wanted, and my dad died suddenly and my mom wouldn't go. I tried to talk her into going with me and my sisters, but she wouldn't budge.

I went to Sisters OR many years ago and loved it. I love to go to the Road to CA show in Ontario, CA. And went to Hamilton MO a few years back because I was in Kansas City and wasn't sure when the opportunity would present itself again. (I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 03-20-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

(I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

I seldom go with anyone to a big quilt show. I like to do what I want to do at the show without compromise. The trip to Branson will be with two other quilters because the hotels were booked so I got a condo rented and it was a shame to have all that room go to waste. The condo was cheaper then the hotel would be.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I'm going to Paducah Show too in April. I will no longer not go anywhere when I can. I use to think Oh I'll go one day. Not going to regret not going when I could if I made an effort. Covid taught me that.
I like the way you think! Covid did teach us a lot and you are spot on!!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
I'm going too! Are you taking any of the classes or the schoolhouse?
No, just going to look, but will try to stay out of the quilt shop. Want and need are two different things
Old 03-23-2022, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
(I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

I seldom go with anyone to a big quilt show. I like to do what I want to do at the show without compromise. The trip to Branson will be with two other quilters because the hotels were booked so I got a condo rented and it was a shame to have all that room go to waste. The condo was cheaper then the hotel would be.
I go to Quilt Festival every year here in Houston. I rarely go with anyone else. I used to have some friends here and we would go together but I actually prefer going alone. I can look at what I want and spend time on things i want to. It was nice last year, a couple of the quilt guilds got together and rented a bus to take us down to the show and back. It only cost a dollar and was so nice not to have to deal with the traffic but I could still shop and look at quilts by myself.