Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
March finishes >

March finishes

March finishes

Old 03-22-2022, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
What is the name of the pattern you used for the pink one? I love the resulting effect with the circles. Is the green one the same pattern? I have used Donna Jordan's pattern with only 2 fabrics but am enjoying yours with more than one. And then came the one with the alternative design but the same pattern!! Very creative.
The pink quilt it a kaleidoscope block. The first border is a half block with only part of the pieces in pink to give it the scalloped look.

The green quilt is a different block. I originally saw a quilt using this block on pinterest along with a tutorial on how it was made but have since been able to find it but this video shows the method in which I used to make it. I only used the center block and two rings create it. It is what give it the quilt the movement. It will really stand out when the right colors are used, It doesn't seem to stand out to me as well in this one but I like it just the same.

I can sit for hours playing in my quilt program finding ways to change patterns and designs into something different.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

What great finishes! That pink one is amazing!!!!!! (they all are but I'm a pink freak).
Old 03-23-2022, 09:27 PM

These all are beautiful, but the pink winding ways is super. I love the optical illusion of that pattern. Great work!

Leslie