Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 04:36 AM

Quick fyi that the last package is in the mail so if all goes well, I'll be shipping out the blocks early. Woo hoo!

Yours is one quilt I cannot wait to see completed. I bet Ethan will love it!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I am overwhelmed with the beautiful blocks. I will be seeing Ethan in May and plan on having it ready for him. His Nana has gotten him a new "used" bed and stripping/repainting it so this will be perfect for it.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:21 PM

Happy Day! The last Azaleas package arrived and I have sorted all the blocks. I plan to ship tomorrow, April 1, not an April Fools Day joke. As I will be mailing to only 5 people at this time, it should be a piece of cake. Shipping will be to GramE, Libster, Macybaby, Rebaquilts and TravelingGramma so be looking for tracking info later this evening. The remaining people in the group have opted to wait until their Begonias blocks are ready.

I'm off to the USPS website now. .
Old 03-31-2022, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Janice!
Old 04-01-2022, 04:21 AM

Got my info!
Old 04-01-2022, 08:21 AM

Thanks Janice! Sew exciting! I just got the last round robin back from the LAQ yesterday, so doing some binding tonight. I'm hoping to get a UFO done this weekend and off to the LAQ before I get these blocks in. I still haven't quite decided a layout, I hope inspiration will strike.

Rebecca
Old 04-04-2022, 08:12 AM

Ladies, I got my blocks today and I love them all! Thank you so much for making a block for me.

Janice, as always, you are the best hostess out there! Thanks for all that you do for us to enjoy these Booms so much. It just would not work without your guidance, especially this one that you've done in the middle of moving to another state. You are a rare lady and we all love you.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

I just came back from a 2 week camping trip at the beach. Hence the lack of posts. I want to thank everyone that participated and made amazing chicken blocks for me. This will be a fun quilt and I plan to keep it. Thank you all for the wonderful time.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:10 PM

I received my blocks - will take a day to open and iron and ooh and aah. I have been working on the back for it. i did have to go to the LQS and found one - one - bolt with a yard on it that matched the gray/blue color in the panel.
thank you again -
Old 04-05-2022, 10:51 AM

I also got my blocks when I arrived home last night and spent some time ironing and oo'ing and aaa'ing. They look so much better in person; the workmanship is very impressive. I have to give a shout out for those embroidery blocks. I wish you all could see them; the thread choice is amazing, and they are really beautiful. The photos really don't do the blocks justice. What an amazing bunch of quilters and a blessing. Hugs all!
Old 04-10-2022, 03:15 AM

my blocks arrived too, but I may not have time to open them until next weekend. DH and I are in the middle of building kitchen cabinets. I use a lot of the same skills designing and figuring cutting layout when making blocks and cabinets. At least there are no seam allowances to mess things up with cabinets, but you also can't fudge a seam if you cut something 1/8" too short.