Fabric Moratorium 2022

Old 04-05-2022, 04:02 PM

Oksewglad…..you said “tiny piece” sewing….I cannot wait to see it. I do not have the patience for that like you do. I did my first crumb project, tho…just a small project to dip my toe in the water….I’m a bit hooked on that, now…lol. Here is my project…I made one for the WH swap…then loved it so much, I made me one…lol.

I, also, tucked into my 2 1/2” sq scrap box and made this. There are fabrics squares in this from the very first quilt I ever made…making these scrappy’s is like memory lane. I can actually get a bit teary-eyed when seeing fabrics from sentimental quilts for others I’ve made. I’m just now getting it ready for quilter after I piece a backing for it. I’ve been wanting to make a quilt using chambray background. I’m gifting this to a neighbor who has had it a bit rough lately.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	C4A6A2E9-70B4-43AE-9B78-D49E0A23EF0B.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	638907   Click image for larger version

Name:	0AB7B27D-A6C0-4E19-9C37-DDA203D3B746.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	638908  

Last edited by Teen; 04-05-2022 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
This year after 2 years of not buying any fabrics I have learned that I needed to buy more than a little fabric. The plan is to get back on the wagon before it gets any worse. I am being very selective though and going to my stash first. Get me back on track fast!
Such a nice feeling to know you are ready to just restock a bit now. You done good!
Old 04-05-2022, 05:58 PM

Teen, such great way to use up your scraps. Book looks great.

Well, I have been off the wagon buying sale fabrics for backing and background fabric for current projects. I inherited 2 pacs of 5” flannel kid squares and I plan to make a basic 45”by 65” little kid throw. Unsure at this time who’s it for. Buy it’s a fun easy no brained project.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:07 AM

Love the crumb block, Teen! Makes me want to play with crumbs. Also like the woven effect of the 2.5" scrappy squares- well done!

Rob
Old 04-08-2022, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Oksewglad…..you said “tiny piece” sewing….I cannot wait to see it. I do not have the patience for that like you do. I did my first crumb project, tho…just a small project to dip my toe in the water….I’m a bit hooked on that, now…lol. Here is my project…I made one for the WH swap…then loved it so much, I made me one…lol.

I, also, tucked into my 2 1/2” sq scrap box and made this. There are fabrics squares in this from the very first quilt I ever made…making these scrappy’s is like memory lane. I can actually get a bit teary-eyed when seeing fabrics from sentimental quilts for others I’ve made. I’m just now getting it ready for quilter after I piece a backing for it. I’ve been wanting to make a quilt using chambray background. I’m gifting this to a neighbor who has had it a bit rough lately.
Nice scrap quilt. Love using chambray as a bg fabric . Made a quilt with HST'S and old plaid shirts...perfect combo
Teen I need 280 2" crumb blocks for this project and happy to say they are all done and about 3/5 of them in larger blocks. MrOK in hospital for another round of chemo this weekend so will get some sewing done tomorrow before he comes home Sunday.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:53 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been staying productive - in quilt making not fabric buying lol! I have finished 2 quilts and 2 quilt tops all from stash. I am working on 2 more from stash. I've also pulled fabric from stash for another project but had to order another yellow as I don't have much of that color. All are throw size to queen size. Will concentrate on finding backing fabric for the tops and try to load one this weekend as well. I enjoy having several projects going at once but this appears to be too much! ​​​
Old 04-09-2022, 12:28 PM

Congratulations on finishing 2 quilts and 2 quilt tops from stash, elly66. That's quite and accomplishment! Post pics if you get a chance.

Rob
Old 04-10-2022, 10:29 PM

Congrats elly66on on both of your finishes. I agree with Rob, a pic would be great to see.

I know we are only 10 days into the month, but I have not bought any more fabric in the last 2 weeks. I restrain myself from pushing the buy buttons on both shops. Even tho the fabrics would have been nice to have for my stash. But I can live with out the added fabric at this time. At least that is what I tell myself. LOL

one of my friends gave me blue and white fabric scraps almost enough to make the recent Laundry Basket 2 week mystery QAL I printed the pattern and plan to start the project in May. The rest of the fabric I will pull from my stash. I so enjoy her mysteries.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:19 AM

Ok, I just fell off the wagon, but it was only a 3 yard cut of 108" backing fabric from MSQ which was on sale. I will probably use it for the backing of the quilt that I'm starting this Wed. in the class I'm taking. I probably have something in stash that would have worked, but this one is blue with flowers that are kinda sunflower-y looking and since the class I'm taking is a Judy Niemeyer Sunflower quilt class, and my background will be blue, it seemed like such a good idea that my finger hit the button and put it in the cart and checked out before my brain could catch up. Also, my finger put one of those gypsy quilter clamp on cup holder/trash thingies and a blue water erasable marker in my cart in order to avoid shipping costs, even though my brain said that it would be cheaper to pay the shipping than to buy the gypsy cup thing....

Rob
Old 04-16-2022, 03:50 AM

I thought it was time to pop back in and report.....I have purchased very little since the beginning of 2022, fabric for a contracted quilt and backing for several others. Out of the bag, on to the quilt and out the door. But....... I have increased my stash because of folks giving fabric to me by the box. Two computer paper boxes of high end, top designer and so out of my comfort zone types that I just could not resist saying yes to. I know the fabric will push me in new directions. Then a quilting friend who has had to give up quilting gave me five, yes five, big ole bags of fabric, pre-cuts and unfinished tops. Where do I begin?

Time is what I need! Lots of time and I see it over the horizon but it is not here yet! Looking forward to May when my teaching career will come to a halt and I can make some serious dents in the stash, again.