Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022 >

Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022

Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022

Old 04-12-2022, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Here's a sneak tiny peek at my WH. It's just about ready for quilting.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	764.7 KB
ID:	638979  
Old 04-12-2022, 05:00 PM

Yesterday I received Teens beautiful and perfectly sewn WH from the last swap. I posted pics on there. I love it Teen and thank you for it and the goodies. I will enjoy sewing the "kit"
Old 04-12-2022, 05:33 PM

Sewbiz….that looks really pretty! And reverse applique! So cool! Can’t wait to see it…

m-Fay…hugs! So glad international shipping finally went through for you. Apologize for delay but happy you are happy!
Old 04-13-2022, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

I got my WH appliqued yesterday. I decided I didn't like the look of the raw edge applique, so I did a small zig zag instead. Now to quilt it.

I have a question: Are we supposed to send these with a hanging sleeve attached to the back?
Old 04-13-2022, 08:03 PM

Sewbiz….a sleeve or fabric hoops or corner pockets etc. is not a requirement but many of us have always included one of these in our WH. Also, your choice on putting a label on it but I would recommend….Personally, I like the history…

Your work is always beautiful so, no doubt, this WH will be, as well.

Old 04-14-2022, 04:47 AM

Well , you have all been busy since I last looked in . My heap of scraps have turned into a wall hanging , just have to finish the binding.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Well in my opinion the maker has all the say in how the WH is made. There are no restrictions of any kind other than size
So as a couple of people have said -- Go for it! It is your choice.

So if you leave an applique edge unsewn it is ok. And if anyone is bothered by an open edge they can always add a little stitching to secure it if it bothers them. For me how the maker made it is just fine. I have one "Doll Quilt" I got in a swap a long time ago and it is not quilted and is very wrinkled because of no quilting. But it is beautiful just as it is! I love the work she put it!

If anyone wants to add a hanging sleeve that is great and if you don'/t we all have ways of hanging a WH with out a sleeve. I use a stapler and just put one staple in each corner. Quick and easy. And if anyone examines it too close and sees the staple that is just not a problem for me lol

Yes I wouild advise adding some sort of label. You can add a fabric square with all the info or you can write your info on the WH with a fabric pen. If you forget to add one it's not a problem. I have forgotten and just now realized I didn't add anything to a Trivet I made for a swap. LOL Oh well. I might make a label and send itt to her

Old 04-14-2022, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

OK, here it is.... the colors came out kinda dark. It's really more orangey than it looks. I did a small zig zag on the edges after all. This is a Hawaiian pattern called "orchid". I'm not going to add a hanging sleeve because the new owner may decide it looks best hung on point... or not. But I will make a label for the back.

Name:	IMG_2017.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	631.9 KB
ID:	638989  
Old 04-14-2022, 11:19 AM

That is stunning, sewbiz!! Gorgeous fabric and I can see the detail of work involved.. Just beautiful!
Old 04-14-2022, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Thank you. I love Hawaiian quilts, tho this one wasn't made the traditional way, with turned edge applique and echoing hand quilting. I only made one Hawaiian quilt the 'real' way... this 4o" square wall hanging in my quilting room:

Name:	DSC03620 (Small).JPG
Views:	54
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	638991