Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Air erasable markers >

Air erasable markers

Air erasable markers

Old 04-17-2022, 08:50 AM

Default Air erasable markers

Nancy Zieman products sold an air erasable pen that worked great. It was pink and had a large nub on one end and a fine nub on the other end. I loved those pens but cannot find a like product. I could use the larger nub while free motion quilting and did not have to erase lines and could still plan out where I was going. The fine line pens make it too hard to see the lines.

Does anyone know where to get a good air erasable pen with a thicker tip?
Old 04-17-2022, 11:44 AM

I cannot help you, but I commiserate with you. Not being able to re-purchase a favorite item is one of my most hated things in life.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:58 PM

There are quite a few air erasable pens on the market, I just did a quick google search. I recall a youtuber I saw (of course can't remember who it was now), but she used a purple one and liked it. not sure if that gives you any direction or not...
Old 04-17-2022, 03:24 PM

I just threw away two quick-fade marking pens made by Unique. The looked like ballpoint pens but they dried out quickly. I do not recommend them. I'm going to watch this thread hoping there are some good suggestions. Finding something to mark with is an ongoing struggle for me. I've gone through a variety of marking pencils, chalks and pens looking for a dependable, washable (at least) marker. Most reliable is a well-used bar of white soap with a sharp edge. I KNOW that will wash out!
Old 04-18-2022, 03:47 PM

Nancy's Notions company was sold and her products are still available. Unfortunately, I can't remember who bought her company but I'm sure Mr. Google knows. It’s certainly worth a try. In fact, I'm going to attempt to track down those pens myself because they sound great.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:41 AM

I use a purple air erase pen. I think it is made by Dritz??? It will mark about a quilt. The quilt show with Alex Anderson sells a pen but I found out they are about the same as the Dritz ones. I haven’t found anything that I particular care for. Love to see what other people come up with
Old 04-19-2022, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

Missouri Star bought Nancy's Notions. There is still an online shop of Nancy Notions retail store:
https://nz-productions-llc.myshopify.../marking-tools
Old 04-19-2022, 03:24 AM

I use Leonis markers -- both air erasable and water erasable. You can get them on Amazon.