Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Just started my Longarm Quilting Business! :) >

Just started my Longarm Quilting Business! :)

Just started my Longarm Quilting Business! :)

Old 12-29-2020, 11:02 AM

Question Just started my Longarm Quilting Business! :)

Hello, All - I just officially started my longarm quilting business and am super excited to start taking in quilts! If anyone has advice on bookkeeping software for quilting businesses, I'd be very interested to hear what you think. I'm looking at Machine Quilters Business Software, but not sure if it is better than Quicken. Thanks in advance for any help! Ann

Last edited by patricej; 12-29-2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: removed prohibited advertising.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:56 AM

First of all let me welcome you to the QB from SE Michigan. I have only used a LA once. I loved how she did up the quilt I sent to her. She did a great job. There are any number of LA'er here that hopefully can give you some advise to get your business going. Best of luck. Again welcome to the QB.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by apearson View Post
Hello, All - I just officially started my longarm quilting business and am super excited to start taking in quilts! If anyone has advice on bookkeeping software for quilting businesses, I'd be very interested to hear what you think. I'm looking at Machine Quilters Business Software, but not sure if it is better than Quicken. Thanks in advance for any help! Ann
We use quickbooks at work and there is a free program called Wave that we use for our sorority's local chapter. Quickbooks isn't that expensive though and probably more functional for a business. Good luck with your new business!
Old 04-06-2022, 01:51 AM

Yeah, great. I might be starting my own business in Delaware city if you charge by the square inch, a basic longarm service on a queen-size quilt will earn you just under $100, with a king-size coming in at $125. I went through the whole process Delaware LLC search

Last edited by tbrown; 04-06-2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:24 AM

Welcome to the board tbrown.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
Yeah, great. I might be starting my own business in Delaware city if you charge by the square inch, a basic longarm service on a queen-size quilt will earn you just under $100, with a king-size coming in at $125. I went through the whole process Delaware LLC search
It depends on how much you charge, of course. Here there are different charges depending on what type of quilting you want done. I haven't found any that would do a king size quilt for $125.00