Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone made a "Diane Native American Quilt" ?? >

Has anyone made a "Diane Native American Quilt" ??

Has anyone made a "Diane Native American Quilt" ??

Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 AM

She has her own website and sells her own designs. They are truly beautiful star quilts with that Native American flare...I just purchased her pattern called Dancing Eagles...looks a little challenging....however I do have the determination and time....
But my question is has anyone here made on of hers before...any problems ???
link to her website: http://www.nativeamericanstarquilts.net/SiteMap.htm
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM

I havent made her quilts but I did buy some patterns from her, and her book. After buying the book I decided to use the quiltsmart interfacing. I've made 2 Lone star quilts with the quiltsmart. I was dissappointed with the eagle pattern that I purchased, I never used it. Her pictures show that the pattern was PP, I got an applique pattern.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 PM

I went to the site and the quilts looked really beautiful.:):):)
Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Hi ladies! It's so nice to see you here! I just joined not long ago and didn't have a chance to browse yet. I happened to run across your posts and wanted to reply if I could. I'm really glad to see your comments. It's posts like this that help me improve the quality of my products. My main goal is to have 100% happy customers and I try real hard to do that. I'm always glad and willing to help out when anyone runs into trouble making a quilt from one of my patterns or kits. I'm always able to help them via email and so far I think everything's OK. So I'd really like to talk to you here, I think it would be awesome, it will give me a chance to learn from you what could be better about my products. I'm also willing to answer any questions you might have, or if you're stuck at a certain point in your quilt, I can help. I'm not sure what appliques were talked about, tho... The Turtle Island quilt doesn't have appliques except for the teensy eyes which can be either appliqued or have cute flat buttons for the eyes. The Dancing Eagles star quilt does not have any appliques at all, the star is entirely pieced. Yes, it is a challenging pattern alright, you are correct about that. You know, maybe one of the things I'm learning right now is that I need to state the difficulty level on all of my pattern listings. Awesome! I'm going to go work on that as soon as possible. :-)
Old 04-27-2022, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
She has her own website and sells her own designs. They are truly beautiful star quilts with that Native American flare...I just purchased her pattern called Dancing Eagles...looks a little challenging....however I do have the determination and time....
But my question is has anyone here made on of hers before...any problems ???
link to her website: http://www.nativeamericanstarquilts.net/SiteMap.htm
Thanks so much! I appreciate your input. I'm still in business in 2022.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
I havent made her quilts but I did buy some patterns from her, and her book. After buying the book I decided to use the quiltsmart interfacing. I've made 2 Lone star quilts with the quiltsmart. I was dissappointed with the eagle pattern that I purchased, I never used it. Her pictures show that the pattern was PP, I got an applique pattern.
I'm so sorry that you were disappointed. Yes, Dancing Eagles is somewhat of a challenging pattern, maybe meant for more experienced lone star makers than beginners. I wish you had contacted me, I sure would have helped you out to the best of my ability.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:59 AM

Smile Awe inspiring!

I don't think I have ever seen so many star quilts in one place before--and all of them absolutely gorgeous! You do magnificent work! Thank you for sharing. Today was a rough day but you give me hope for the future! Thank you, Diane

Rusty

Last edited by RustyOne; 04-27-2022 at 10:01 AM. Reason: because I STILL can't spell!
Old 04-27-2022, 10:45 AM

Hi!!! So happy that you found my website! Hope to see you again some time. :-)
Diane
Old 04-27-2022, 10:45 AM

Awwww thanks! :-)