Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
"I Found a Quilted Heart" Heard of this? >

"I Found a Quilted Heart" Heard of this?

"I Found a Quilted Heart" Heard of this?

Old 02-17-2022, 09:44 PM
DJ

Greetings!

Well, here it is February of 2022, and I just recently discovered this heartwarming project. I made two hearts for each of my grandchildren with a printout of the meaning and how-to and sent them for Valentine's Day. They can leave them about when they go on walks and hikes. I've left a couple myself, and my DH did too. I'm looking forward to making more. I think I will also tuck them into Christmas cards to friends with instructions about what to do with them. They're also good for just a bit of scrap-busting, including little bits of batting.

KalamaQuilts ~ I don't worry about our pacific northwest weather. The hearts won't be ruined by wet weather, and I printed the cards out and sealed them with plastic tape. I think they will survive fine until they are found.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:01 AM

I've made a few but am waiting for the weather to improve before I put them out and about. It's a great use for strings and orphans. Fun to make!
Old 02-18-2022, 04:55 PM

I’ve heard about small pieced hearts (quilted) being given to friends, etc. as prayer hearts. I’m not especially religious but I think this is a wonderful thing to do - people can carry these in their pockets, purses, etc. and every time they felt it, it would remind them to give a small prayer.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 02-21-2022, 10:53 AM

I love this idea - I have also enjoyed the feel-goodness of the painted rocks and community libraries and pantries (free sharing stations - take what you need, leave what you can). We need all the random acts of kindness we can get in our world today... Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 02-22-2022, 07:12 AM

I love this! There have been 81 reported in my state!

I think i will do this with the grandkids. Have them make some hearts and this spring/summer when we get out doing stuff we will leave them!!!

Thank you
Old 02-22-2022, 11:13 AM

I have hear this concept before and it sounds like a great way to share love and a note of kindness. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:41 AM

I just discovered this sweet idea. I checked the website and no “found hearts” have been reported in my area. I think I’ll do this also.
Thanks for sharing.