Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting prices >

Batting prices

Batting prices

Old 05-02-2022, 01:57 AM

Default Batting prices

I haven't had to purchase any batting in quite a while and have sticker shock at it these days. Thought I'd buy some Warn and Natural at JoAnns the other day (Twin size) and was so shocked I walked away ... even with a 50% coupon! Today I got an ad from Marshall Dry Good and it's $250 for a roll of 90 or 24". Have I simply not paid attention before and bought whenever I needed it, or has it been going up and up for a while now? I may have to break into my piggy bank!!
Old 05-02-2022, 02:33 AM

With my roll of batting packed away right now (moving craft room), I checked out Walmart and I found Queen size batting Warm and Natural, less than half the price of Joann's. The price was such a surprise, and not knowing how much I would need before unpacking my large roll, I bought a few of them. They don't have it in their store, this was an online price. But Walmart here delivers in about 3 days.

Just do a search online and see if you can find a cheaper price for the Warm and Natural.

My sticker shock of the week was bird seed. The kind we buy went up over 10 dollars a bag since we bought it 2 months ago.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:01 AM
Power Poster

The price of everything is up.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:30 AM

We thought we wanted to downsize to smaller house and yard ….. that was our most recent sticker shock. Yikes! After spending six months looking, we’ve decided we will stay where we are. Time to get a riding mower. HaHa

My BIL and his wife decided to build a new home. Since they closed on their house (last June), the very same plan in the very same community is up more than $100,000.

Old 05-02-2022, 04:47 AM

Prices are so strange right now. I purchase Warm and white thru either JoAnne's or Walmart online. I realized I was getting low and checked the prices, they were almost double. I waited a week or two and checked again, they were higher but not double. So just keep an eye on them. They vary wildly. Once I saw them lowered, I purchased.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:57 AM

Has any one found a place to purchase a role of W & N? I have been on JoAnn's "we'll let you know when it is available list" for way more than 6 months. I purchased a roll at the beginning of the pandemic and have not been able to get it again without spending nearly $500. I like the weight of W & N and hesitate to jump to another brand.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:03 AM
Banned

I just checked my Amazon account. I bought a 124” 30 yard roll of Warm and Natural for $252.today it’s $322. So $70 rise in 4 years. I bought a 90” by 40 yard roll in 2017 for $272 and it’s now $326, about $50 more in 5 years.

Last edited by PurplePansies; 05-02-2022 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Has any one found a place to purchase a role of W & N? I have been on JoAnn's "we'll let you know when it is available list" for way more than 6 months. I purchased a roll at the beginning of the pandemic and have not been able to get it again without spending nearly $500. I like the weight of W & N and hesitate to jump to another brand.
Amazon has the rolls.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:34 AM

I need to do an inventory of my batting and get on it! I have a partial roll of hobb's 80/20, a partial roll of polydown, and about 7 packages of other battings. I know I have at least 5 queen sized partially completed tops. I may have to work out a budget plan for getting more batting!
Old 05-02-2022, 05:50 AM

My most recent sticker shock was 2 rolls and 2 cups of coffee in our local bar/restaurant for $15 --------------guess I will have to bake more.