Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video..... >

I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video.....

I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video.....

Old 04-29-2022, 02:03 AM

Beautiful pattern and I especially liked the ocean themed one. But I don't have the workspace that Donna Jordan does and would hate crawling around the floor to make one.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:18 AM

Default Thank you!

Thank you for sharing! I have been in such a rut, but this easy quilt really gets me interested!
Old 04-29-2022, 04:27 AM

Thank you! This looks like a lot of fun. However I do not longarm so either take it out to LQS or do a simpler quilting. I have not even come close to FM, but do have rulers. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2022, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

One thing I learned about FM quilting on my machine is the machine has to corporate. A machine that messes up, thread breaking, bird nests, or skipped stitches will stop me in my tracks. The one machine that does not cause me any problems is the vintage Singer. No matter what thread I use, it sews beautifully back forward and sideways. Those machines were made to do darning in every direction.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:05 AM

Default I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video......

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
It's been a long time since I saw a quilt pattern or video and said..."Wow...I have to run out and buy the fabric and make that right now. " Unfortunately, I'm stuck at home recuperating from my surgery, but as soon as I can drive I'll be trying this.
Watson

The new Jordan Fabric's video is just so cool. Easy Bargello from Ombre Fabric
How did you find the free pattern? I just have to make this quilt but didn't find the pattern.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
How did you find the free pattern? I just have to make this quilt but didn't find the pattern.
Follow the link Watson provided. Click on the little arrow on the bottom right below the video. The link to the free pattern is there.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I am going to a quilt retreat in two weeks. I have the fabric panel and pattern packed. It will be so much fun to make this.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:29 AM

That is a fun video. I have always looked at that fabric with interest but have never purchased it. I may have to take a closer look.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:40 PM

I can't think of a reason using backing wouldn't work. Might require a bit of math but I always seem to be 'adjusting' things anyway so I say go for it!
Old 05-07-2022, 03:25 AM

Jordan's quilt and tutorial made me want to make the quilt. But I am trying to finish several other projects before I begin the Christmas gifts. But then it might be hard to find fabric later. Or I might forget. But then I DO have several projects. But the bargello is such a treat for the eyes. I am faltering. Is this what all quilters go through?