Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom >

I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom

I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom

Old 05-12-2022, 11:02 AM

Default I'm looking for a stand mixer with a bowl with out a "dimple" in the bottom

I have a stand mixer (kenmore) that has a 'dimple' in the bottom. When I am trying to mix stuff a lot of it sits in the bottom untouched . I have lowered the head some but I am afraid to go much lower. I have to stop and lift the head and take the bowl out to get everything. I know i will always have to scrape the bowl down but this is silly. Or am I doomed to hand mixers forever! (forever isn't that long for me as I'm getting up there
Old 05-12-2022, 12:18 PM

I'm satisfied with my Sunbeam Mixmaster. I got my first one in the 60s and a replacement in the 90s. Not bad as I cooked for a family of seven, made wedding cakes and now make bread for a friend.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:26 PM

My KitchenAid mixer does not have a dimple in the bottom of the bowl.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:40 AM

Lift the head and just scrape the bottom of the bowl. No need to remove the heavy bowl from the stand. Can you mix the wet ingredients together in the bowl first? Then mix in the dry ingredients.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:15 AM

I'm still using a 1948 Hamilton Beach Mixer, Model G. In fact I found another one at the thrift store for just $5 including the 2 original bowls that come with it. The beaters were always the hardest to find as they're a double beater in 1 piece. I was able to find 3 of them for just $.50 each so I'm set for the rest of my life. This is a stand mixer and you can take the mixer off and use it as a hand mixer. You can move the location of the bowl so the beaters are working along the side or the middle and anything in between. All I've ever had to do is replace the power cord as my mother used it way back when and she liked to just yank the cord out from the wall.

Of course my dream is one of those fancy dancy Kitchen-Aid mixers like my sister's but that will never happen in my time so I made a cover for my mixer with a saying on it.

Also no dimples on the bottom of these bowls either.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen-Aid WantABe.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	639349  
Old 05-13-2022, 05:52 AM

My mother was a wonderful baker and she plain and simple kept wearing out standmixers. I would buy what I figured was a pretty good one and a year later, it would be toast. So, I finally bit the bullet and bought a kitchenaide. Yep cost about 2-3 times more than the ones I had been buying. Well, I think that must have been about 20 years ago. My dear mom passed about 12 years ago but that mixer is still going strong. Mom used it for a ton of cookies, I used it for bread dough during my bread stage and we both used it for the grinding of the pork and ham for hamballs (usually 8 pounds) I do leave it out on my scare countertop space just because it is heavy to move. But it has saved me dollars as I no longer have to buy a new mixer
Old 05-13-2022, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I also have a Kitchenaid and it's a wonderful machine. I keep mine on the counter for the same reason- heavy.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
My mother was a wonderful baker and she plain and simple kept wearing out standmixers. I would buy what I figured was a pretty good one and a year later, it would be toast. So, I finally bit the bullet and bought a kitchenaide. Yep cost about 2-3 times more than the ones I had been buying. Well, I think that must have been about 20 years ago. My dear mom passed about 12 years ago but that mixer is still going strong. Mom used it for a ton of cookies, I used it for bread dough during my bread stage and we both used it for the grinding of the pork and ham for hamballs (usually 8 pounds) I do leave it out on my scare countertop space just because it is heavy to move. But it has saved me dollars as I no longer have to buy a new mixer
I got my KitchenAid mixer for my bridal shower 48 years ago. Still works like a charm.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:13 AM

When I was out of college and had bought my own place, the first Christmas I bought myself a Kitchen Aid Mixer as a Christmas gift and reward to self. I seem to only use it during the Holidays.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:43 PM

My Kitchen-aid mixer is about 5 years old give or take a year. I love mine. My glass bowl as well as the metal one both have a bump on the inside, I use the screw that is on the hinge to adjust the mixer attachment as close as I can to the bottom of the bowl.
Also I bought a paddle blade with a rubber spatula attacked to it, works great. I don't have to stop and scrap as often.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1868 - Copy.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	639397   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870 - Copy.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	639398   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1871 - Copy.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	90.7 KB