Where are you from?

Old 05-09-2022, 02:44 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Where are you from?

Why do we not see where members are located in their bio? I enjoy reading about events and weather and such of my “quilting board” friends but when I go to their information it doesn’t list where they live.
any reason for this change?
Old 05-09-2022, 04:31 PM

If you go to the "About Me" section of their profile it will be there IF they have listed it. Some people don't want to list their location and only do so if the forum requires it.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:31 PM

I’m originally from York, PA - we moved to Phoenix in January 1955 and I lived there for 48-1/2 years. We bought a house in Mooresville, NC in 1998 and closed in March 1999 - we had intended to be back and forth from AZ to NC - but as plans do we ended up moving for good in 2003. I love living here and have the best friends I’ve ever had - EVER!!!!! I belong to two quilt guilds - one larger and one much smaller - all wonderful women. Weather here is so much different and better than Phoenix - dealing with the horrendous heat at least half and a bit more each year is not for me - and it is not a dry heat!!! Try preheating your oven and then sticking your head in - that’s Phoenix! I enjoy hearing about people from all over the world.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 05-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

I believe it is up to how each member set up there original account and if they want to give their location or not.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I believe it is up to how each member set up there original account and if they want to give their location or not.
I think it is
Old 05-10-2022, 09:41 AM

I’m a very private person and the location range that I have in my bio is enough for me. On Facebook, only my friends can see my posts. And, I’ve listed no personal data.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:41 AM

It's not a change in the board. Some people simply choose to not reveal their location, which is their prerogative.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:06 AM

Hackers use the internet to gather personal info. I don't answer silly questions on Facebook that are for general public, like, "What year did you graduate?" or, "What's your favorite ice cream?" for this reason.

Last edited by aashley333; 05-16-2022 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:53 AM

I just reread my post. I didn't mean to suggest that your question was silly. I was talking about the surveys FB offers to find out "what kind of shopper are you?" or "what type friend are you". But I do keep in mind that anyone can read our posts. Must join as a member to respond.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Hackers use the internet to gather personal info. I don't answer silly questions on Facebook that are for general public, like, "What year did you graduate?" or, "What's your favorite ice cream?" for this reason.
I so agree!! I hate those "questions" - when the number of answers is in the 6 figures, but someone in my friend list just has to answer! I just hide all from the page that posted the question. Fruitless, I know, but it makes me feel better.

I don't mind people on this board knowing what state I am from, but otherwise I am very private online, I don't believe there are any identifiable photos of me online, and I like it that way.