Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
looking for new home for old sewing machine >

looking for new home for old sewing machine

looking for new home for old sewing machine

Old 05-22-2022, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki Di View Post
Hello. I’m new to this board as of today. It must be fate because I’ve been looking for a 201-2! I’m in the twin Cities and would dearly love to give your machine a new home. Please let me know if it’s still available.
Hi! It is still available. I was going to visit some quilt shops this next week but haven't done it yet. I'm sending you a PM.
Old 05-22-2022, 05:08 AM

Hi there. Just wanting to be sure you saw my post above. It may have gotten lost among the comments!
Old 05-24-2022, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sdcash View Post
Hello, I'm looking for advice/direction in finding a new home for my Grandmother's Singer 201-2 sewing machine. She was a seamstress and the original owner, and after she died, it came to my home as it had special meaning to me (she taught me to sew on it, and she sewed my prom dress on it.) Unfortunately, my good intentions to use it remain just intentions and I'd like to find someone who will appreciate it and use it the way it was meant to be used (not as a table).

None of my siblings or cousins are interested in keeping it and I don't know of any local groups I could approach about it. I live in Minnesota and would love to find someone nearby who would give it a good home.

Thank you for any suggestions
Granny's machineI'd love to have that model! I sew canvas & I've been trying to find a machine like that to use!
I hope whoever takes it appreciates that gem!