Travel to Ireland

Old 01-12-2022, 05:05 PM

Default Travel to Ireland

I don't know if there is anyone from Ireland on the board, but if so, I need your thoughts on my situation.

A friend and I have paid for a tour of northern Ireland for May of this year. We booked the trip some time last year through Craftours - the same company Bonnie Hunter is affiliated with. As of now, Craftours has cancelled tours up to March. That was the info my friend received when she called the company today.
We have until January 20 to cancel our registration and get a full refund. If we do not cancel, we can buy travel insurance but we will not get all our money back or be out the price of the travel insurance if the tour is cancelled.
We can also not cancel and let the tour company keep our money in hopes that eventually tours will be allowed again.
So my question to those living in Ireland - How bad is Covid in your country and is it getting any better?

Old 01-12-2022, 06:01 PM

A correction to my previous post: We are going to Dublin and other cities - not northern Ireland.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:12 PM

I'm not from Ireland but if you do decide to travel, don't forget to take your vaccination records. I think you will need them on the airplane & in Ireland. You can try a web search to see what the Covid19 status is over there. Just stay safe & please wear your mask!
Old 01-13-2022, 01:45 PM

An extended family member went to Italy at Christmas time and failed the Covid test to come home so she spent an additional week there. I don’t know details except she wasn’t real sick but was prevented from going anywhere. Extra expense I suspect.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:34 AM

I would love to go to Ireland, but with things as they are, I would get my refund and hope for another time to go when things are more normal.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:54 PM

There will be other chances to visit Ireland. It is a beautiful country, I would wait until things open up again.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:08 AM

My friend and I did cancel. I'm disappointed but I would rather stay at home and be healthy.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:15 AM

Default Travel with Craftours Ireland Bonnie Hunter

I too booked with Bonnie Hunter Ireland 2020. Very frustrated they canceled 4/19/222 when travel to Ireland was Level 1 no restrictions. I did not receive email but called to get final information and was informed they canceled again stating it was a Level 4 when they decided. I called and begged to differ but they said Bonnie is the one who canceled. Bonnie’s website has stated for sometime that her retreat center is booked for 2022. I noticed all her tours moved to 2023. Craftours stated Bonnie was fearful to travel due to Covid. If she is fearful of Covid then why is her retreat center booked full and lots of posted pictures with her and guests with no masks? I requested refund but was told to reschedule or credit on another tour. Very disappointed with Craftours and Bonnie. I feel held hostage by both. Other tour companies refunded for canceled trips. Just doesn’t seem appropriate when there were so many company Covid supplements and Craftours probably took government Covid funds.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by DenaliAK View Post
If she is fearful of Covid then why is her retreat center booked full and lots of posted pictures with her and guests with no masks? Very disappointed with Craftours and Bonnie.
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the board!
I'm sorry you're so disappointed. However, these are questions that can't be answered by anyone here. You may want to contact Bonnie's team and Craftours for answers and possible solutions.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the board!
I'm sorry you're so disappointed. However, these are questions that can't be answered by anyone here. You may want to contact Bonnie's team and Craftours for answers and possible solutions.
Actually I have contacted and mums the word. I was inquiring here and responding / joining the conversation.