Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-27-2022, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone. I am seeing lots of progress made here today! I finished the bargello spiral tree skirt. It came out very well, even if I do say so myself. The shabby fabric's pattern was quite confusing because of the fabrics they used in their skirt was muddy and ran together too much in my mind's eye. So the diagram of the wedges were so hard to figure out. I finally stepped back and thought about the spicy spiral I had made a couple years ago and just did it that way. My fabrics were much different than theirs. It is finished and I like it. I suppose that is all that matters. I will post a picture when I get a picture.
Now to start the Halloween wall hanging. That should be fun .A big spooky house on a hill.
Oh I was asked to make a purse for a gal who wanted to gift it to her friend. She showed up to lunch with all her things in a paper bag! I kid you not. I don't usually do requests, but, she is a good friend to hubby and works on the children diabetic board.. I did finish that and she paid me a hundred bucks for it. Cool, Huh? Oriental fabrics in a bucket style purse. I used anodized black grommets and a suede drawstring. It did come out nice. A vogue pattern.
Now off to the workroom to sew.
Happy sewing to you girls!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-27-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:25 PM

OMG>>>I'm making progsress!
Finished one charity quilt. Just waiting to be w/d.
Glue basted 2nd quilt and marked it for grid quilting. Glue needs to dry a little more before I quilt it.
Cut half of the blocks I need for next charity quilt.
Can I find something else to do before I get lost in the fabric room. (Why is when I really want the kids to stop by they don't?)
Old 05-27-2022, 12:28 PM

Hey all,
I finished quilting the inner borders of the Snail's Trail Al Fresco. All that's left is to decide if I want to quilt the individual snails or leave them be. I also need to do some piano key quilting from the inner borders to the edge of the quilt all around, but that should be a fairly quick undertaking. Yay! For now, it's on the design wall waiting for me to make a decision.

Next up: working on the Sunflower Illusions paper piecing. I think I'll spend the rest of the day today and maybe some time tonight after dinner working on the large arcs. I'd love to get them finished this weekend so I can piece them together.

Here's the Snail Trail so far:

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3052.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	980.9 KB
ID:	639475  
Old 05-27-2022, 12:45 PM

Wow everyone has made some wonderful progress today!

Railroaders- Love your GFG, looking forward to seeing your progress on it!

Rryder- Wowzers, that is beautiful!

I got diddly quilty stuff done today! I had all my flowerbeds changed from wood mulch to river rock, and bed planting to planters and after 3 days it’s done and looks amazing! While the landscaper was working on the final touches I decided to clean house rather than get interrupted while sewing. House is now spotless, laundry done, the yard looks fabulous and I got all the planters and other decor back in place, and the best part is no more hours upon hours of weeding and more time for quilting or other fun things. I should be able to get the binding sewn on 2 quilts tomorrow so I at least have hand work in the evenings. Looks like my thread is in limbo somewhere so I doubt it will make it here in time for me to get my last quilt going on the longarm.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:14 PM

rryder - love the quilting on that, especially those stars that float into the border. looks great!

love following everyone's progress,I hope to work on the quilting for a red/cream jewel box quilt i have on the long arm.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:36 PM

Good evening everyone, I almost thought that I missed the VQW, but I see that everyone is quite busy and getting a lot done.

Rob, that quilting is fabulous. Everyone else work sounds amazing.

I am only working on some needlework this time. I got started when I went back to Kansas a couple months ago and I can't stop.

You all have fun piecing and quilting and enjoy your holiday, I will be lurking around--cherrybsixty

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 05-27-2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:48 AM

Saturday morning - I'm getting a late start to my day, I found out that my older sister, her son and my best friend's husband all have Covid and my allergies was outrageous, so I had to take a Benadryl and slept most of the day.

Rob - that quilt is beautiful, love those bright colors with the Snails Trail block.

Today, I'm sewing more white on more flowers and get the pieces cut for the paths around them, I went with a deep burgundy color and will be doing diamonds and triangles. My goal before I go to bed is concentrating on the paths and try to get some of them glue basted on their forms and hopefully start sewing flowers together, I have a limited number of hexagon forms, once I get the paths on the flowers that are done now, that'll free up more hexagons for me to work with. I hope that makes sense, lol.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:28 AM

My guild is having a quilt work day today, so I am packing up the materials, tools and FW to spend the day working on catching up on my guild mystery quilt for this year.

Finished the pastel baby top and it will go along with me to layer this morning. That means quilting it tonight or tomorrow.
Found more crazy HST's from a quilt I made about 6 years ago. They have become the center of another baby quilt. Not on my plan for the weekend but needs only one more round of sashing. Found a piece for the back from stash. So it looks like I am in a "use up the scraps groove". Feels good.

By Monday night I should have progress to show!
Old 05-28-2022, 04:23 AM

Thimblebug6000--hand binding isn't being an underachiever--that would take me all weekend!

Gemm--hope you had fun at the quilt shop

QuiltBaer--my mom and I were just in West Virginia for a brief vacation. We stayed in Inwood; drove to Gettysburg and Harpers Ferry. Hit quilt shops in Martinsburg, Hagerstown and Winchester.

SusieQOH--I don't know about you but my sewing room always needs cleaning!

donac--hope your mom and sister are feeling much better

I finished the lap quilt and paper pieced pillow yesterday. Started cutting out strips for another ufo. Only cut one color though; hopefully get the rest cut over the weekend. Today I'm off to LQS to quilt with friends. Last night I drew lines on 160 squares to make flying geese today.

I will check back in later.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:33 AM

Ughhh! No sewing yesterday, I knew another mouse had entered my car as I could smell him and there was a smear of blood on the mouse trap so I did a car search yesterday which I also knew would be my last chance for a few rainy days. Yep found him dead! So I did a search of the car looking for seeds, nesting, droppings. Luckily did not find much of anything. Took out the floor mats, spare tire, all my stuff, vacuumed, wiped what I could down with sanitizing wipes, then sprayed the car with lysol. Let it air out for a couple of hours. Then applied peppermint essential oil to my mouse deterrent sacks, sprayed the tire wells with mice deterrent spray, and prepared the mouse trips for bait. (still need to get those set). If anyone has any ideas let me know! I have thought about getting a barn cat or two but I am allergic to cats. I live by a large wooded area and apparently, we have a lot of wood mice.I don't have a garage. Hopefully today, I can get back to the stitching, although I am pretty stiff from yesterday. So glad to hear so many of you are stitching away!