Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-28-2022, 10:33 AM

Thanks everyone!
Sound like everyone is getting lots done.
I spent all morning paper piecing the large arcs for the Judy Niemeyer Sunflower Illusions quilt. I managed to get 4 done...I already had 3, so that means I only have 23 more to go...Son and Daughter-in-law coming for dinner around 4 so may get another 1 or 2 done before they get here. I had forgotten how long it takes to piece those parts. I think I'll modify my ambition of getting them all done this weekend since I'm needing to have something (anything!) finished. I'm going to try finishing up the Snail's trail quilting tomorrow and work on getting it bound on Monday. If there's time after that I'll put the borders on my October color block quilt and maybe resume quilting my doodle quilt that got put on hold so I could quilt the Snail Trail beastie.

Happy Quilting!
Rob
Old 05-28-2022, 11:42 AM

Quilting done on 2nd charity quilt. Ran out of black fab for binding on puzzle quilt. Bought some at JAs today.
Avoided fab room. Maybe tomorrow.
2nd charity quilt klready for binding.
Forgot about sewing group. Worked on 3rd charity quilt. Churn dash block so it goes quickly

Old 05-28-2022, 12:22 PM

I pieced the baby quilt today. I spent too much time yesterday looking for background fabrics! Anyway, the backing fabric
is loaded on the quilting machine and I will quilt it tomorrow. I'm going to a concert with friends tonight. Hope everyone is
enjoying the weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby flower.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	639477  
Old 05-28-2022, 12:32 PM

Got the binding finished and the quilt washed, and posted it in pictures as Travels to Esoterra

Name:	352095B9-D374-474E-AFCF-CE79201086D9.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	639480  
Old 05-28-2022, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Here is the bargello tree skirt all finished. I like it despite the trouble I had with the pattern from shabby fabrics. I got side tracked with the halloween hanger and made a sewing machine mug rug instead. I figured I needed a small project first. Know what I mean?
Thimblebug love your quilt.

Name:	P1020328[1].jpg
Views:	45
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	639481  
Old 05-28-2022, 03:16 PM

Love all the pictures showing off your work! Had a great time quilting with friends today (and shopping the holiday sales at the shop ) Made what seemed like 1000 flying geese and have at least that many more to make. The entire quilt is flying geese so there are many of them. Will check back in tomorrow afternoon.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:21 AM

Sunday morning - not much done last night - fiancé decided that a big mess of hot wings were in order and hot sauce and fabric don't play well together, lol. I managed to get the first flower ringed with diamonds and triangles to start putting them together and I'm working on attaching the second flower now. Hoping before I go to bed to have it attached fully and that flower ringed with the path. Pictures will follow.

Such pretty quilts everyone is working on!
Old 05-29-2022, 03:38 AM

Everyone has been so busy! I got the binding on both quilts so now I have hand work for at least this week as I finish sewing it down, I am a slow binder! Today I am going to start prepping the fabric for my next quilt and do up a few hanging flower baskets too.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:39 AM

Hi all. My first time on a thread here other than to introduce myself. Yesterday hubby and I moved some very heavy furniture (that had to be emptied first of course) and I rearranged a bedroom - to make room for my new 201!! Now that’s done I’ll do some sewing today. Ready to start something new. My problem is always-what on my list of 25 “next” projects to start! I tend to work on one thing at a time. Although I’d like to train myself to have 2 going at once. I have several bags to make for Christmas but I also have half the cutting done for a Chandelier quilt so maybe will do that one. Happy quilting!
Old 05-29-2022, 06:35 AM

Welcome, Vicki Di!

cute baby quilt, QuilteBaer- I love the colors!

congratulations on your finishes, Red Garnet and Thimblebug!

I hear you tallchick- hand stitching the binding to the back of a quilt always seems to take forever!

I'm still trying to get all the quilting finished on the Snails Trail Al Fresco- I've decided to just ditch the individual snails and then do some piano keys at the edge to stabilize it. Hopefully I can get that all completed today or tomorrow.

Rob