Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-29-2022, 07:49 AM

rryder your quilt is fantastic, look forward to seeing it once you have the borders to your liking.
Thank you everyone who is able to post pictures, it sure makes it feel like we are having a little sew time together.
Everyone’s work is so inspiring!
Old 05-29-2022, 12:44 PM

Yesterday's garage sale went well. Weather was perfect but DH and I were not moving very fast today. After reading about all the wonderful progress from you folks, I went to my sewing room and finished my Rolling Waves top! I decided against adding borders so it is 52x74 inches--a nice size for a throw. After quilting, I will bind it with the dark blue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1501 (Small).JPG
Views:	72
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	639485  
Old 05-29-2022, 01:28 PM

Nice finish GingerK. That is a perfect size. I have 2 of the borders appliquéd. Then switched to quilting a UFO. That is half done. Simple quilting on that one shouldn’t take too long to finish. Hopefully I can get it done and bound by the end of this VQW
Old 05-29-2022, 02:26 PM

Vicki Di—welcome to VQW 😀

Well I’ve been lazy today. After church and grocery shopping, my energy was gone. So I watched the Yankees lose and am running the dishwasher and washing machine now. I’m off to a friends house tomorrow to quilt. We’re both making Deb Tuckers Atlantic Flyaway pattern.

I hope everyone is happy with their progress this weekend. Sounds like lots of work is getting done.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:58 PM

This is nice. I thought that this was just a posting about everyone quilting the same quilt -- go figure... It would have helped if I had opened and read the postings! LOL

Anyhow, I posted about having a fun quilting weekend and thanks to thimblebug6000 and a link, I am here!
So far, this weekend, I was able to get three tops sandwiched and ready for quilting! Looking forward to start the actual quilting!

Love the pictures, wow! lovely quilts!
Old 05-29-2022, 11:58 PM

Monday morning and a slight setback.

I made my one inch diamond forms months ago, but I've found since putting on the paths that the majority of them are not lining up correctly. After doing a quick check, all the forms are off to some degree or another and it's making stitching them onto the flowers difficult. At first, I thought the problems were bulk related since I'm working with one-inch pieces, but when I started glue basting the diamonds onto their forms, that's when I saw the issue. Pic is attached for context and reference.

Thankfully, the fiancé has decided that an early bedtime is in order for him, I know that sounds horrid but when he's awake and I'm working on this quilt, he seems to want/need my attention far more than usual, LOL. Since I have so much time that will be uninterrupted, I'll be back on track in no time. So the plan this morning is make up some fresh diamond forms, get them cut out and start this over with a new flower. Eventually, the one that I did do will be taken apart, I just need to make sure that my theory is correct with a fresh flower.

Name:	IMG_20220530_024734.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	639490  
Old 05-30-2022, 02:16 AM

GingerK- Love that rolling waves top!

Yesterday I got everything cut out and ready to sew for my next quilt, I also spent a few hours in the evening on the binding for one of the quilts. Today I must work on staining my front door, and I will need to mow as well.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:42 AM

Thank you for hosting. I am working on a Dragons- The Ancients quilt for my oldest son.

I have also started gathering fabrics for a Flight of the Pegasus quilt for my grandson.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:57 AM

Not actually at the sewing machine this weekend... Was gifted fabric so spending time to incorporate it all into the sewing area, sending pieces through the AQ studio for projects and enjoying an audiobook. Beautiful day to remember our brave military men and women throughout our country's history on this Memorial day!
Old 05-30-2022, 12:10 PM

I finished the baby quilt. Now it can go to some precious child in foster care. Also this weekend I went to a concert and prepared for a class I'm teaching tomorrow. I'm going to my son's for dinner this evening. Thanks for the push to get this quilt done!

Name:	Baby flower.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	639492