Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-30-2022, 02:16 PM

I did get one more side of binding done but the day was spent on yard work, and other home projects that needed attention and with typical Ohio weather one has to be ready to go when Mother Nature is cooperative.

Love everyones projects, thanks for hosting Heather, looking forward to the next one!
Old 05-30-2022, 02:28 PM

I finally jumped on the Chandelier bandwagon. Got the middle squares and sides sewn today and about 2/3 of the 7” & 2.5” pieces sewn together. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands to do but hope to get at least a bit more done.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:30 PM

Quiltsfor—so glad you found us! Hope you’re able to join us July 1-4 too.

I finished the Atlantic Flyaway top today. It went together much more quickly than either of us anticipated.

so glad to have had company quilting this weekend. Hope to see you all again in July 😄
Old 05-30-2022, 03:14 PM

Well I have half the binding sewn down on my UFO. Had to spend time doing Memorial Day dinner. I hope to finish this evening and will post pictures tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Raggiemom

Old 05-30-2022, 03:31 PM

I finished up a "Little Dresses for Africa" dress and it came out so cute I'm encouraged to start another tomorrow. Quilty related, I used my "Go" Cutter to finally cut a lot of extra fabric into 1 1\2 in strips. I bought some of those long strip storage things (long rectangular) that Joann sells and I really like them. I don't have to roll the strips and I can stack them up. I also have a hexagonal Halloween table mat I want to make strippy binding for, but seeing as we attended a wedding this weekend and stayed overnight, I'm not going to be too hard on myself.
​​​​​​
Old 05-31-2022, 07:40 AM

Just a few more Snail's Trails to go, I decided to add just a touch of quilting in them in addition to ditching them.

Hope to have it all finished by the end of the week!

thanks for hosting, Heather.

See y'all next month.

Rob
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 AM

I more block left of 9" churn dash. Then final press, trim and sew blocks together. Search fat quarters to make scrappy back. This charity quilt WILL BE DONE, I tell myself, by 2nd Sat in June. (Eerything sounds good on paper until you try to do it!
Old 06-01-2022, 03:34 AM

Well, I can cross of two projects on my to do list for the long weekend. Finished 2 charity quilts and piecing the third. Fabric room? Nope. Totally ignored that room..When is the next VQW? Soon? Maybe I can make some progress in there before the next one. I'm game for one for Father's Day since my DH donesn't want any special stuff since he's on diet restrctions. Sons plan to come over with cards.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:50 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend - update

1. Finish the pastel baby quilt top, layer and quilt. - Nope
2. Square up the random blocks and bag them for future use. - Yes, it feels good to actually see the orphans in bags by size.
3. Get caught up with guild mystery Quilt. - Got steps one and two finished. Step three, not done
4. Assemble the Civil War Star Quilt - get those setting triangles in place!. It is still hanging on my design wall in the same state of unfinished, missing the setting triangles, as it has been for months.
5. Plan a RWB table runner for a neighbor and maybe one for myself. - Planned in my head but not made.

I did go down a rabbit trail and made three quilt tops out of random unfinished projects that are all 2.5" squares. This was not on my plan but it feels good to have that mountain of unfinished projects put to use in quilt tops for Project Linus.

Thanks for hosting again, Heather. Happy to see the finishes and progress from so many new folks and the regulars too. See you all in July.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:56 PM

Missed this one altogether, but I was sewing... at an RV Quilters retreat in Iowa! I finished one veteran's quilt and worked on some 4 patch/square in square blocks for a new project. We also visited Pella, the Amana Colonies and the Sprint Car HOF while we were there.