tv commercials

Old 06-08-2022, 04:37 AM

I don't have a TV but on Youtube on my Kindle, I keep getting an ad for a legislator in the next state. Person claims, "one fall, and the medical bills meant we lived paycheck to paycheck for years. (Legislator) passed a bill banning surprise medical bills".

I don't get it. You had an accident, and it came with massive medical bills. What would it matter if you knew about them beforehand (which you wouldn't, because the hospital doesn't know all that you will need when you come in with a trauma) - if it's $50K, it's $50K. Knowing about it beforehand won't make a difference in your finances. What are you going to do, refuse medical treatment for a trauma?

I agree with the underlying premise, if you are having your gall bladder removed, they should be able to tell you beforehand what the bill will be. But the example they picked for the ad doesn't make sense.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:21 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Peanut butter box!

Chewy has an ad where two dogs look out the window and see the chewy box on their steps. The little one says peanut butter box is here. Bigger, older?, One says no it’s our medicine she just puts it in peanut butter. While it is cute I think it has a subliminal message in it because almost without fail when that commercial comes on our a little Chihuahua,poodle,St. Bernard mix (honest, had DNA done just for fun) barks and barks perhaps thinking somebody is reliving it to our door. It always makes us laugh.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

I subscribe to Chewy for my cats food and litter. They are a hoot. They always have very funny and catchy sayings on their website. Also reading customer reviews makes me laugh my head off. Animal people can be so funny!
I don't think I've ever seen an ad though, but I bet they're good.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Where have all the white people gone? I am definitely not racist, but no white people. Messaging is not good.
You noticed that too? I too am not racist, but even Jake from State farm, come on..........
Old 06-08-2022, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
You noticed that too? I too am not racist, but even Jake from State farm, come on..........
you know - the advertisers spend a lot of time and money selecting the demographics of the actors on the commercials based on the markets in which they are shown. Me personally - I think diversity is beautiful. But the bottom line for the advertisers is making money.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

I am getting tired of all the Medicare/Insurance ads aimed at senior citizens.

About the best thing I can say for them, the hucksters speak slowly and distinctly!!!

Old 06-08-2022, 10:33 PM

I find the 'poise in the pants' commercial especially insulting, along with all the ed commercials. Just too 'in your face' & I turn off sound or leave the room. glad to not have small kids who would ask questions long before they are old enough to understand.
sewverybusy
Old 06-09-2022, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
Now you can understand how minorities felt for decades.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I am getting tired of all the Medicare/Insurance ads aimed at senior citizens.

About the best thing I can say for them, the hucksters speak slowly and distinctly!!!
Yeah, I wonder, if Medicare Advantage is so great, why all the ads for it? I have a Plan G with BCBS. They don't need to run ads for it.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Yeah, I wonder, if Medicare Advantage is so great, why all the ads for it? I have a Plan G with BCBS. They don't need to run ads for it.
if the ads didn’t result in profit they would t run them.