Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I have been wanting to try this! >

I have been wanting to try this!

I have been wanting to try this!

Old 06-27-2022, 07:17 PM

I hope this picture explains itself, but this is a picture of the page of Misty Morning pattern, from the book.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	834701CD-61B3-4472-AACC-47F78A57AEE2.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	639758  
Old 06-27-2022, 08:02 PM

After reading these comments I thought maybe I'm missing something, so I just re-read your original post and for the life of me don't see why anyone should have been confused. There was nothing to indicate that you DIDN'T make it. My first thought on seeing it was "boy she put a lot of work into that, look at those tiny squares". Congratulations on a spectacular accomplishment.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:42 PM

Toogie, seriously you’re saying you got the fabric 4 days ago and you put that beauty together already?!? It took me a couple of days to cut and put together a bargello table runner. God bless you for all you do for our veterans. Also just for being you!💜💜
Old 06-27-2022, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Toogie, seriously you’re saying you got the fabric 4 days ago and you put that beauty together already?!? It took me a couple of days to cut and put together a bargello table runner. God bless you for all you do for our veterans. Also just for being you!💜💜
Arianna I worked at a sewing factory nearly 40 years ago. I already sewed at home but at the factory you had to sew fast. You had a daily quota to meet and every time you sewed 99% they raised the quota so you sewed even faster to try to reach the quota. When I left the factory job I had trouble sewing at home. My machine just wouldn’t go fast enough.-lol The factory machines were commercial, fast speed and loud. I like the machines now and always sew at the fastest setting-lol
I almost got another QOV top made today.-lol It’s really simple though. Someone is always passing me some QOV fabric that they’ve had a while and maybe figured I could do something with it. I thought it wasn’t very pretty but I’m liking it more now. It is Army emblems or seals and the fabric around them wasn’t square. To square it up and center, I had to cut a lot off. I saw whoever had the fabric before me, had cut one emblem off. They probably got rid of the fabric by passing it on, because they had trouble squaring it up, too. So 18 blocks are the emblems and 17 blocks are half square triangles. It’s 5 blocks across and 7 down. You can see in this picture why I had to cut so much off.
Thank you for looking and your nice comments. -Toogie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DBAE0321-FDC7-4626-8770-34B0C51C1ED1.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	639759  
Old 06-28-2022, 04:02 AM

Love your quilt, Toogie. It is RWB but doesn't scream military. The waves are soothing. Good for you for following your interest and obvious skills to make a bargello quilt.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:19 AM

This looks wonderful and very patriotic, just in time for July 4th! Personally , I've never done a bargello, and not sure I would have the patience for one. Maybe a smaler one ... Is there a pattern for a baby sized bargello?
Old 06-28-2022, 07:22 AM

Good for you and good luck. I am doing a 60 x 60 inch quilt with a lot of small appliques to sew on. It definitely is a challenge and I think I can get it done. I'm in no hurry as am not making any other quilts at this time (hubby says I have enough). Not.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
This looks wonderful and very patriotic, just in time for July 4th! Personally , I've never done a bargello, and not sure I would have the patience for one. Maybe a smaler one ... Is there a pattern for a baby sized bargello?
Yes there is a pattern for a Baby Bargello in the book. The size says 39 1/2x 40 1/2 inch. However, my top didn’t come out to the size the pattern stated and I didn’t use my last strip set. I hated to say anything here since someone got confused about my post. I didn’t want more confusion.
When I told my leader that I know I cut my widths exactly like pattern stated. I know because my cutter helper(Hubby holds ruler from slipping&#128521 makes sure I stay straight-lol
The pattern may have allowed another set because not all fabrics are the same width and so when sewing your sets the outer edges are not even. I cut as close as I could to begin cutting my Bargello cuts so I didn’t need another whole set. It will be used for something else but that could normally be a lot of waste.
I could have kept going, cutting off my other set to get the width I needed but I wasn’t about to unpick or rip out on each end piece to add length. Borders are so much more doable!
I would love to see your Baby Bargello if you decide to make one. Have a nice day-Toogie

ps. Thanks to all of you for your nice comments about this Quilt of Valor Bargello I made. Like I said I’m tickled about the finished piecing.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:41 PM
KLO

I think this is my favorite bargello pattern of all. It always amazes me how wavy it turns out. I would love to do one in blues so I can be reminded of the ocean. I can only hope that is looks as great as yours. Also thank you for what you are doing for the veterans!
Old 07-01-2022, 12:40 PM

You rocked it with this, toogie! Right on!