Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why? >

Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why?

Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why?

Old 06-25-2022, 06:20 PM

Memories puts extra points on a quilt for favorite.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:11 PM

I've been reading this thread for the last three days and still trying to make my mind up which one for me. I am going with the two that I made for my oldest grand daughter and her younger brother. Hers was a pattern from the 'the big block book.' It was pink and plum in coloration, Ironically, I've never seen it since the day I gave it to her. Her brother was an "I Spy" from black and white sport motif print. We lost him last year and his mother inherited it. Those are my favorite.

Thanks for having a thought to share like this

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 06-27-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:05 AM

Very early in my quilting career, I bought a 1/2 done quilt top at an online estate sale. I think I think I paid $5.00 for it. I had only made one quilt before buying it. It was a red, white and blue top. It was a train wreck. It was too narrow and I didn't know how to fix it. I sewed and unsewed that top so many times, I couldn't count them. I added to it. I took it apart and turned it around. I took it apart again and again.

Somehow, it reminded me of my favorite Aunt. I guess it was all the red. Red was her favorite color. In fact, they buried her in a red dress. I named that my "Aunt Shorty Quilt". It's my absolute favorite quilt. That would be the last quilt I would part with.

bkay

(sorry it's sideways.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1766a.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	665.3 KB
ID:	639760