Talking to your cat

Old 06-25-2022, 10:30 AM

Yup, I can relate. My older tuxedo likes to follow me out to the berry patch, sit on the raised bed while I pick. She acts like shes supervising. When I'm out and about in the yard, she follows me and checks out what I'm doing. If I go across the street to chat with my neighbos, she'll sit at the edge of the curb and wait for me as she knows she's not supposed to cross the street unless I tell her she can. She also likes to lay on the porch swing with me and just vegitate with me. Most times she comes when I call her but at times she likes to be a brat and turn her back to me. Her and I moved into this old house together. It's been a good 11 years now and I hope I have many more with her in the future. We do have another cat that showed up one day at the age of 5 weeks old. Just out of the blue she came to the back door. Must have followed Pepper home as she was coming down the alley one day. She came inside and has never left us.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:27 AM

I talk to my dogs and cats and chickens, happily, and like Rob says, I always like the reply I get.

I had to have my cat Ash's teeth pulled 2 weeks ago, she is only five but has a strange gum disease. I noticed yesterday now her mouth looks a bit like my mother in laws without her teeth in. Ash feels a lot better though, we can see it in many ways.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Chase. That cartoon is so funny. I talk to my cat and two little dogs. They never tell anyone what I say. Sometimes I wish they would tell what the others have done.

Sometimes I talk to myself, reminding me of what I need to do. My little Dusty will bark because he thinks someone is here. He wants petting.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Chase. That cartoon is so funny. I talk to my cat and two little dogs. They never tell anyone what I say. Sometimes I wish they would tell what the others have done.

Sometimes I talk to myself, reminding me of what I need to do. My little Dusty will bark because he thinks someone is here. He wants petting.
We talk to the pups all the time. They do know what you say. Certain phrases get their attention. Such as..........
Who wants to go for a ride?
Who wants a treat?
Go to bed or go home.

Plus they know if they see my purse, we are going someplace and head for the truck.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
We talk to the pups all the time. They do know what you say. Certain phrases get their attention. Such as..........
Who wants to go for a ride?
Who wants a treat?
Go to bed or go home.

Plus they know if they see my purse, we are going someplace and head for the truck.

Love it when you talk to a dog and while looking directly at you, turns its head to one side and or the other. Definitely think
Border Collies know just what you're thinking.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:01 PM

I don't know why you wouldn't. Animals are among the best conversationalists I've met in life.