Necchi Supernova BU

Old 07-05-2022, 08:43 AM

Default Necchi Supernova BU

I am not very familiar with the vintage Necchi machines, although I recently purchased a Supernova BU. Does anyone know if the Necchi feet and cams fit all the Necchi's or do they vary by model? Thanks for you help.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:34 PM

Here's all I could find

https://silverbobbin.com/necchi-sewing-machine-models/

Looks to me, from the pictures, the regular Supernova (not the later Ultra which is not pictured) is the only one with a trap door for cams, and it looks to be a straight, high shank as far as feet are concerned? At least to me.

Looking over here

https://www.vintagesingerparts.com/collections/necchi

it appears the same foot fits several different models.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:12 PM

The you for the links, Joe.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:35 AM

I know nothing about Necchi. That said, even Singer had three different sets of cams, so if the cams are the same for all their machines, it would be unusual. I know nothing about the feet.
bkay
Old 07-12-2022, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I know nothing about Necchi. That said, even Singer had three different sets of cams, so if the cams are the same for all their machines, it would be unusual. I know nothing about the feet.
bkay
The Necchi Supernova is actually quite a nice machine. Like my vintage Singers, it is a solid metal machine, but it has features not offered by Singer like the rotating needle plate and the ability to interchange cams to design your own decorative stitches. It's as quiet or perhaps even quieter than my Singer 201s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZx...U&index=3&t=2s
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7023b.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	639903  

Last edited by BonnieJP; 07-12-2022 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:59 AM

I didn't mean to disparage your machine. I understand they are great machines. I just don't know anything about them. I have old Singers because you can find parts for them.

My point was that cams from one "name-a-brand" machine don't necessarily fit another machine of the same brand.

bkay
Old 07-12-2022, 10:49 AM

I didn't take it that you were "disparaging" my machine. I have several Singers, and agree the parts are very easy to get, which is one of the reasons I like them. I bought the Necchi in a pristine cabinet about a year ago for $20, and never really bothered to do anything with it. After watching a couple of YouTubes recently, I was surprised to learn how versatile these machines are. I was especially intrigued with the idea of being about to create new embroidery patterns simply by interchanging different cams. Their drawback is the parts availability.