Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't find spray starch in any store in my area. >

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:18 AM

Argo also makes corn starch which is used in cooking. It can also be used when doing laundry or ironing. If one has grease spots on clothing if you dust well with corn starch and rub or brush it in well it does a lot to absorb the grease. I use it by dusting over the spot, rubbing it in with a clothes brush, or even passing the iron over it and then brushing it out. In many cases you can no long see the grease. This can also be done before washing the garment. I am speaking of cooking grease and not machinery type.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:17 PM
Power Poster

Has anyone seen this anywhere, or tried it? I'm considering ordering some. It is available as a aerosol or trigger spray. https://store.faultlessbrands.com/co...crafting-spray The description makes me think it is like Best Press - removes wrinkles, flattens seams.... For additional stiffness, spray and press again.

This could be like Terial Magic Spray.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:14 AM

Look to see if they have the "Downy Wrinkle Release" that is what I use for ALL my ironing
including my quilting. Totally love how this stuff works.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

I have been using wrinkle releaser too. It works great to flatten a seam I put the liquid in a misting bottle for all over coverage.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

Does anyone use "Flatter" in a spray bottle to flatten intersecting seams? It does seem to work.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post

This could be like Terial Magic Spray.
I haven't used that, either - but thought it made fabric really stiff?
Old 09-28-2021, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

I have a bottle of Flatter and it's a great spray. I buy a bottle when I see it in a quilt shop. Not many sell it. Flatter does not leave press marks on solids. Terial Magic makes fabric stiff. From crisp to paper firm according how you use it. I use it when I have a lot of bias cuts.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:13 PM

I use Best Press and spray starch depending on the situation but I could only find the Faultless 'Luxe' version at Kroger. It smells AWFUL!!!!! I have used the Faultless Premium Firm Finish for years and it is no where to be found except at a stupid price online likely because it has been discontinued. I even called the Faultless customer service number and got voicemail and no call back. I may have to change to the Sta Flo. First world problems.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I tried the Faultless Crafting Spray and I like it. More body then Best Press. The cost per bottle is ridiculous. I ordered two one gallon jugs from MSQC when there was a 30% off sale and free shipping and I had enough points to get it for almost nothing.
Spray starch can't be found in any store in my area. Sta Flo can't be found either. Walmart was the last to have it and it hasn't been in the stores here for over a year. Starch is not a problem worth fretting over but it's surprising that it has suddenly disappeared.
Old 07-16-2022, 03:53 AM

I use Faultless Heavy Duty.and it is available in stores near me. I did learn to use a water mist during the lock down when starch spray was missing from the shelves. I use much less starch now, but in some instances, like bias edges, it is really needed. I was gifted some Best Press but haven't used it yet. Keeping it as back up for when I run out of my Faultless, I guess.