Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things I have learned from experience (quilting) - >

Some things I have learned from experience (quilting) -

Some things I have learned from experience (quilting) -

Old 07-20-2022, 04:53 AM

Bear, I agree 1000% with what you said and can totally relate to just about everything! I have gotten better with fabric acquisition and I am slowly working on kitting up my patterns with my stash. With fabric prices what they are now I am glad I have a stash to work from. I will not feel guilty for having a stash either, most everything I have purchased has been on sale. I look at it this way, I don’t eat out, I don’t drink, I am not a social butterfly and I don’t have any other vices that require monetary expenditures.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:54 AM

great post, bearisgray! I've been working mainly from stash for the last few years and have learned that I can maintain a stash that fits in my storage space and budget if I think of my fabric like paint- I refill colors and values that I'm out of when needed, so I go to the fabric store with a list of colors and values that my stash is low on and hit the sale bins looking for those. Same with thread- though I know I've got more than a lifetime's supply of that LOL!

Rob
Old 07-20-2022, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

I am envious of those of you that get loads of donated fabric. The down side might be that not all of it is what you might have chosen for yourself - and where to store it.

I do have some envy - perhaps "desire for" - would sound better - for a long arm with "everything" and the space for it. And then to magically do quilting that looks wonderful as soon as the equipment was set up.

And then there is the matter of "but would you really use it?"