Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Panel One Block Wonder >

Panel One Block Wonder

Panel One Block Wonder

Old 07-23-2022, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful, Peacock will be also. You are very talented.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:14 PM

What a unique idea. I absolutely love both of them and the concept of them. You have given me something to think about. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-24-2022, 06:15 AM

I definitely want to try something similar to your amazing quilt! I've made many kaleidoscope quilts using 8 sections. I would like some guidance to make one as pretty and the colors well-balanced as yours. Is there a source or video you could recommend? Or possibly share some pointers from your experience?
Old 07-24-2022, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I definitely want to try something similar to your amazing quilt! I've made many kaleidoscope quilts using 8 sections. I would like some guidance to make one as pretty and the colors well-balanced as yours. Is there a source or video you could recommend? Or possibly share some pointers from your experience?
I started with Magic Stack-n-Whack Quilts by Bethany Reynolds, which I separated with background and sashing. Then I heard about OBWs and bought the first book by Maxine Rosenthal. Then I saw one somewhere with the panel in it and was determined to learn how to do that. Mostly it was trial and error and observing other similar quilts on several Facebook groups that specialize in these. I haven't looked for them, but I'm sure there's a YouTube tutorial somewhere! The hexies are so much fun. The labor comes from figuring out the placement. I about wear them out moving them around on my design wall.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:57 AM

Love your one block wonder. First time I have seen this done with a panel and I really like it.