Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 07-30-2022, 02:01 PM

Irishmom, I love the idea of a signature wedding quilt! Maybe my daughters will request something like that for their weddings in 20+ years time.

I was able to sew for the first time in almost three months this morning! Whoopie! I decided to restart my sewing mojo with something simple, so I'm making Fading Charms in all my low volume/neutral candies. I have the center block done and really like how calming it is so far.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:54 PM

I enjoy the Fading Charms pattern, NZ. I have made it several times. For those not familiar with the pattern, here 'tis! https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...-charms-quilt/

I am looking forward to seeing it in low volume colors. I always used random birthday squares until they were all gone. I know I calculated the total number of 2.5s used in at some point but I don't recall. I put it in the category of "Lots".

And a wedding quilt is such a wonderful idea, Irishmom. It will be interesting to see what fabrics you choose and the whole plan. We are lurking over your shoulder as you plan.

My envelope for our birthday swapper will be dropped off at the post office on the way home from church tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:25 AM

My candies went in the mail on Saturday.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:29 AM

My birthday greeting is on its way!
Old 08-01-2022, 08:13 PM

Birthday candy went out last week. Sorry I have been absent. My parents finally were able to come visit. My mother's Alzheimer's has advanced so much that she no longer knows who we are. It is so different from what I read about . She is just in her own world. Any glimpse of maybe there is her old self are mostly our imagination. Even though my daughter does not remember her from before, I tried to let them spend as much time as possible. Her memories of her grandma are of a different person that I know, but she is still a gentle soul and loves hugs from her. I have not been able to work on any sewing. I am hoping for school to start, so everything gets back to a routine and maybe I will find some time..
Old 08-02-2022, 04:19 AM

My secretary sent this. I haven't had internet for a week either.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220802_071619.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	640069  
Old 08-02-2022, 04:54 AM

Hello All. Have been busy with two teenagers who have two jobs each and was blessed to have quality time with each. My 16yo granddaughter and I went into Lowell MA to see the Quilt Museum and then onto Art Galleries. I need to vent a bit. The quilts were all works of art. But almost half there were created via photograph and or digital art, then printed onto material, then machine quilted. There was no piecing involved. I really missed it. Yes, the photography and digital art are beautiful and there is no way I could quilt like that (I have difficulty with straight lines!) But I just was expecting more in the museum.
I saw a quilt that had writing on each strip making up the pineapple blocks and thought of the signature quilt. For some reason QB won't let me add it here. Maybe you could make up the block ahead of time and let them sign the strips.

Two weeks without decent internet is punishment - but without sewing is really having an effect on me!
Old 08-02-2022, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My secretary sent this. I haven't had internet for a week either.
You have a sweetly efficient secretary. I will note the delivery dates in my records. Tee-Hee-Hee. I can't imagine not using the internet for a week. Never thought I would say that one!

ahwu, family first! Your mom may not know you, but he will know your kindness and caring. Cherish the memories and bless her and your father with your care and attention.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-02-2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:48 AM

Got a call yesterday, our soapstone countertop is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. It's exciting in that the kitchen is almost done, but it means I'll be tiling this weekend and not much time for sewing.

I'm currently working on Dinosaurs by Elizabeth Hartman. I bought the kit to make a queen, but am making three 4x4 quilts instead. One for me DD's nephew, one for a coworker's son, and one for my neighbors new baby.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:14 AM

I found this pattern called Garlic Knots that can be made with our 2.5" squares:

https://quiltingdigest.com/dig-into-...GlCv5F1NwcZQMI

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Garlic Knots.png
Views:	17
Size:	760.0 KB
ID:	640098