Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Old 08-05-2022, 05:48 AM

I'm definitely in! This will be my first virtual quilt weekend in quite some time. I'm working on some blocks from Leonie West's Sew Steady University Quilt As You Go Class along with a Christmas quilt that I designed out a few months ago.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Katie
Old 08-05-2022, 06:10 AM

Hi. So excited to be actually quilting and maybe can post pictures. In other words, fully participating.
1. Top and back ready to sandwich and quilt.
2. Civil war era reproductions to decide on pattern and make blocks. Thinking 6 inch traditional blocks. Ideas welcome. What are sites for free block patterns?
Old 08-05-2022, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Hi. So excited to be actually quilting and maybe can post pictures. In other words, fully participating.
1. Top and back ready to sandwich and quilt.
2. Civil war era reproductions to decide on pattern and make blocks. Thinking 6 inch traditional blocks. Ideas welcome. What are sites for free block patterns?
Try Quilter's Cache https://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
Old 08-05-2022, 07:29 AM

Been cutting and sewing now to change it up and press the mess, then more sewing and cutting. I want to post a picture but I'm currently using Firefox and things are a little weird and it will not let me edit to upload a pic. I will try a different browser latter.
Happy sewing everyone!
Old 08-05-2022, 07:47 AM

Working still at machine quilting my Colour My World from last year BOM at thequiltshow.com
Old 08-05-2022, 07:55 AM

Yay! Thanks for hosting, Heather! I've got a quilt that needs to have a binding made and put on, so that's the first thing I'll work on. Second project will be doing a little detail painting on an art quilt, then sandwiching and quilting it--- or possibly sandwiching and quilting it and then doing some detail painting- depends on how I feel when I get to it LOL!. If I get through with those, then I've got my paper piecing project to work on, or a quilt that's sandwiched and ready for quilting, or I may pull out a UFO since I've only crossed two of those off my list this year. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Rob
Old 08-05-2022, 08:36 AM

Greetings from South Dakota. This is only my second time joining VQW, seems I'm always late in remembering. Anyway, I hope to piece together in some fashion 12 panel blocks from the Sassy Animals line. The idea is to make a small throw size quilt I can donate to the local Youth & Family Services. I have a few items done already for donation later this year. I hope to also play on my treadle machine, for that story check out my post in the love of vintage machines section titled my new old antique. I've organized my stash piles, now time to do something with it. Happy sewing & good weekend to all.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:42 AM

I'll be in and out this weekend, I'm not sure I'm going to get much sewing done, but would love to see everyone's progress. Not doing too good with this heat and my hip decided to give me a fit and I'm still dealing with that. If I can get to my sewing machine, I'll be working on my sister's quilt and maybe some bowl cozies, my Wrap n' Zap batting arrived yesterday.

Happy quilting to everyone - thanks again, Heather for hosting!
Old 08-05-2022, 10:53 AM

I’m hopping on this weekend and hopefully will have something worthy of pictures by the end.

My spouse is an Atlanta Braves fan and they play tonight and a double tomorrow. No errand running until Sunday!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:19 PM

I will join! I have several in the last stages that I hope to complete so I can start something new!