Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Old 08-05-2022, 12:37 PM

Thanks Sue.
Had company for lunch so did a fast once over on the house. Very nice visit.
Then started sandwiching a quilt with a bunch of interruptions. So thought to see how everyone is doing. Looks like a slow start.

need to think about dinner so at least get ingredients ready. I think chicken tacos, so need chicken from freezer.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:57 PM

Hi all! I'm hoping to get the chance to do some sewing this weekend and join in the VQW

I'm working on my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - it is a UFO from 2011-ish, but has progressed a lot this year. I've finished all 140 blocks and am now at the stage of going through sashing each row - but as I do I am re-doing some of the blocks if the colours are off / my sewing standard is not up to scratch, so it's slower going than it might be, but I am about halfway done... So I'd like to see how much further I can get with that!

Thanks for hosting Heather - happy quilting everyone!
Old 08-05-2022, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by GwenH View Post
Hi everyone, I've been absent from the group for so long but I'm interested in the VQW, I've never been involved in one with this group. Can you fill me in, is this just within the group or is there another place or an online site that you all meet and chat?
I hope that I can join in and get some quilting done this weekend, I haven't had much time for quilting for quite awhile so I do need some motivation to get stuff done.
Have a great day!

GwenH, this is a very loosely organized group of folks who want to once a month dedicate some time to finishing projects. You will see the post for the Virtual Quilting Weekend each month and you can join in or not depending on your personal schedule. No commitments, no additional areas to sign up. As you see, some of us will make a list of what we want to accomplish while others just say, "I want to work on such and such". Then as the weekend moves along pop into the thread and see postings of progress and often some pictures of progress even if it not a finish. Of course share yours too! Mostly, it just gives us an excuse to spend some dedicated time in our sewing space and at our machine. Glad you joined us in the VQW for August. I am sure you will hear from our organizer, Raggiemom. She is a good communicator.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:00 PM

Work needed a few hours of attention this morning so that got me off to a late start. I did finish the last half of 1 panel and I got the final 104 HST’s done, I just need to square them up and then I can start on the last 2 panels, and maybe I can get those done tomorrow. Everyone has some wonderful sounding projects going on looking forward to seeing and hearing everyones progress.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:00 PM

Yeah! Here we go again. Basting another "larger" quilt for Project Linus.. Should have it done except for wasling/drying by Sunday. Have a baby panel that I need to make larger by adding borders. So many ideas. Not enough time.,,lol
Old 08-05-2022, 02:18 PM

I finally started my blocks. It is larger than I wanted. Luckily I haven’t cut all my fabrics. The pink one is the original my grandma made.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	73769A7E-705F-4F7E-8514-DE6A88185D50.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	640101   Click image for larger version

Name:	265E535D-6D05-447C-BB20-E3FD9BFE8EA8.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	640102  
Old 08-05-2022, 03:02 PM

CJ, looks like you got the pattern
Panchita, making progress. I have a hard time getting motivated on a project that old. So here’s to cheering you on.

Got the quilt sandwiched. Lots of bias seams and one block is definitely too long. Don’t want to take it out like I should so I’m stalling.

Sue, found some blocks. Thanks
Old 08-05-2022, 03:42 PM

Posting from my Kindle fire, lets see if I can get my picture up.
4 and a smidge blocks ready to assemble. Not a bad afternoon, but need to spend time with the DH so no more stitching.
It worked!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220805_183100.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	644.5 KB
ID:	640104  
Old 08-06-2022, 02:07 AM

I have a small quilt sandwiched and waiting for quilting. Better get going because the wedding is next Saturday.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:23 AM

Sorry I've been incommunicado, ladies! I tested negative for covid but have been experiencing some symptoms. Spent most of yesterday in bed. Dedemac, sorry to hear your husband is ill with it but glad you don't have any symptoms.

It's so nice to see several of you have specific goals. After lunch, I'll go into my sewing room and see what strikes my fancy. Too many choices

GwenH--WMUTeach did an excellent job of explaining Virtual Quilting Weekends. Some people quilt, some plan, some organize, and some shop. Some just lurk and check out what the rest of us are doing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Well, I have some housework to do before quilting so guess I'll get to it.