Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Old 08-07-2022, 01:36 PM

I have never participated in VQW so I don't know the requirements. I did make something this weekend or yesterday but I put it in Pictures before I saw this. It is just a large tote. I sandwiched it with a foam stabilizer but didn't add quilting stitching, so I don't guess it qualifies here. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging. I love this site.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:41 PM

Got the binding finished and got it on the design wall being blocked as it's got some waviness due to the way I quilted it- not to mention the triple batting. Will post photos when it's dry, probably tomorrow or the next day. Didn't get much else done in my studio today, but had a fun visit with my sister and managed to send her home with two large bags of crafting supplies and about a half gallon of Elmer's School Glue for her STEAM students. Freed up part of a drawer, part of a shelf, and one whole container in my art studio. But, I forgot to send her home with the excess felt that's taking up space in my quilting studio LOL. Next time....

Rob
Old 08-07-2022, 02:42 PM

Here are a few of the blocks for the Jane Stickle quilt. I've been working on it for 2 years and I am nearly finished with all the blocks. It takes about 1 1/2 hours per block but I'm never in a hurry, it will get done when it gets done, lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220807_161804 (1).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	640149  
Old 08-07-2022, 02:56 PM

Default Colour My World BOM

Love hearing and seeing everyone’s progress. I finished the machine quilting stabilizing my whole quilt, and quilted the borders, and bound it. Now I am going back in and doing more details. This afternoon I am hand quilting the windows, with a fan blowing on me, it is another almost 30*C day in here.

Name:	277C0D41-CA40-49CF-A039-F4D1FF8BAD34.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	640150  
Old 08-07-2022, 04:02 PM

This is gorgeous thimblebug6000! Is this paper pieced ? I love it and don't know how you did those attractions. Guess I'm what you might say dumbfounded.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:07 PM

There aren’t any requirements other than to have fun. We just gather here in this thread and share what we are working on or doing. You don’t have to add stitching. We aren’t the quilt police here, anything goes for your project. Someone people shop for new projects, some plan, some just read the thread to see what others are doing. It’s very flexible 😀. If you have any questions, just ask and we’ll help you out. Glad you joined us!

QUOTE=toogie;8562420]I have never participated in VQW so I don't know the requirements. I did make something this weekend or yesterday but I put it in Pictures before I saw this. It is just a large tote. I sandwiched it with a foam stabilizer but didn't add quilting stitching, so I don't guess it qualifies here. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging. I love this site.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-07-2022, 04:10 PM

I made some good progress on my EPP mariners compass project. I hope to have it fully assembled by the end of the week so I can machine appliqué it to background. Then I can turn my attention to Distinctive Dresdens. I’ve stitched two together but that’s it so far. I’m actually going to hand appliqué them to background but I need to buy it first. I’m thinking a very light blue grunge. I look forward to seeing everyone again next month!
Old 08-07-2022, 04:20 PM

Thimblebug6000, that is a really awesome quilt. So bright and cheery. Everyone's work is beautiful. Looked like a lot got accomplished this weekend.
I finished two of the jelly roll rug cords before I left from the conference I was at, and started on a third one. I didn't get very far though on the third one.
I got home last night right before supper time, DH had supper all planned and cooked it for us. 😍 Not to mention, dishes were done, laundry done, and he watered ALL my flowers while I was away too. Today for me was all about getting all caught up in the garden, groceries, and mowing the lawn. To bad there wasn't a way we could press a pause button for our gardens, LOL.
Thank you Heather for hosting VQW again.
As always I look forward to these weekends. So glad to be apart of this group,
Old 08-07-2022, 04:29 PM

My weekend hasn't been as productive as I had hoped, too many interruptions. The little quilt I've been trying to complete has two rows done with two more to put together then add the borders. With any luck I'll get that done tomorrow. So, until next VQW, stay well everyone.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:16 PM

Finished the Hunter's Star blocks for my friend's quilt for her class reunion. I got the blocks sewed together this evening. She will be over tomorrow to put the borders on.

Name:	Diana.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	640152