Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I won the dumbell prize!!! :D >

I won the dumbell prize!!! :D

I won the dumbell prize!!! :D

Old 09-21-2022, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I have forgotten to put coffee in coffee maker and made a nice pot of hot water.
I came home after having a colonoscopy and started the coffee maker. Went downstairs and came back up ten minutes later to find coffee all over the island and dripping onto the floor - I'd forgotten to put the pot on it!

My son handed me the discharge papers they gave me when I left and pointed to "Don't drive or operate heavy machinery..." LOL!
Old 09-21-2022, 01:34 PM

Not my dumb bell mistake but a good one. Walmart clerk charged me for 118 cans of cat food!! $225.00 bill in total. Now I did get two boxes of litter at $21.00 each but 118 cans. Not happening. I had to drive back and after I told the lady at customer service, she had me wait and made another lady help me. poor woman who helped. She was so nice and calm. She was told to enter each bar code 100 times. Each one. sigh. So i got back $90.00 and drove home. what a day!! Now to watch my Bank statement and the check out clerks at Walmart!
Old 09-21-2022, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Bummer! I really don't like when my brain takes a break. Horribly, I once poured my milk into the entire full cookie jar instead of my glass! Yikes!

I baked 4 Tomato Soup Loaf Cakes Gave 3 away for Christmas and cut one for the property manager to give as lookers came in as a sweet greet type jester.

Well it baked wonderfully. Cooled properly. Sliced perfectly.
So I put the cake pan tops on and rolled them down to the property manager's office. Gave the 3 to the guys and one to the manager all neatly sliced. Wonderfully displayed.
I felt really great about how everything turned out so perfect. I had kept one slice for myself and when I returned to the apartment I nibbled that slice and GAGGED!

I had forgot to put the sugar in the mix. I grabbed the phone and pushed the office speed dial button but NOT fast enough. The manager had already gagged. My Christmas was (and still is) laughed all the way thru.
I will never bake Tomato Soup Cake again and don't think I ever will be able to eat it without laughing so I just won't eat it ever again. Then I won't have to explain it to anyone as they are beginning to take a bite,

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-21-2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:12 PM

Posted my favorite recipe in the Recipes forum. Hope you enjoy it. This cake truly is delicious. All ingredients are USA measurements.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:46 AM

Yikes, sorry SusieQ…sometimes we get so focused on something else that we do silly things.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:24 AM

This thread is so comforting!!! Through desperation I discovered that my watch will help me find my phone. I have to make a special effort to remember the "special places" I put things. And where I've parked my car at Costco.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:04 AM

Husband and his friend were planning a fishing day. And I was planning a quilting day. The night before, I was helping husband with getting the boat ready and was putting the extra poles in the shed. Our lawn tractor has a bucket scoop on it. With the shed being a little dark, and the bucket scoop black, I tripped against the side of the bucket scoop and fell into the bucket scoop.

I took off most of the skin from my wrist to past my elbow, rammed my hip which left a large bruise, as I slid across the top edge of the bucket scoop and then into it, not to mention, cut and skinned my ankle where it hit the bucket scoop to begin with. My arm and ankle was still bleeding slightly/seeping the next day (thanks to low platelets) so there went my planned quilting day!

I felt like a dumb-bell for forgetting that the bucket scoop was on the front of the tractor. Sweet husband helped to clean up the scraps and cuts. So thankful I didn't have any broken bones or worst. I'm turning a lovely shade of yellow, purples, blues and reds! That'll teach me to turn the light on next time!

Sorry for the erased post a bit above. I felt so much like a dumb-bell that I erased this when I first wrote it. But after reading others, I'm putting it back in.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 09-23-2022 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:53 AM

We all enjoy a laugh even when it is at ourselves.
Old 09-24-2022, 06:31 AM

Oh Ru, make your hubby tie some yellow neon tape on the front of that thing! something that glows in the dark!
Old 09-25-2022, 05:22 PM

You all make me feel so much better: Years ago I put a crock pot on the step going to the basement. I forgot, fell over it and broke my foot. A few years ago, I took a sweatshirt off over my head while walking fast on a treadmill. (Dumb!!) Fortunately when I fell and broke my hip, it was in a non weight bearing place and I didn't need surgery. A year and a half ago, my husband was in outpatient PT after a long hospital stay and extensive rehab for Guillain Barre Syndrome. I went for a walk three days in a row while he was in PT, each day I tripped over bad sidewalk, and splatted. Fortunately no injury. I have no balance issues, no cooridnation issues, I just make very bad decisions! Yikes.