Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Duct tape comes in handy >

Duct tape comes in handy

Duct tape comes in handy

Old 09-29-2022, 02:43 PM

I swear duct tape, super glue and WD 40 can fix a lot of the woes of the world lol
Old 09-29-2022, 07:47 PM

I have one of the first folding mats. After a couple of years the mat started to separate where it folded so I duct taped the back and it still works fine.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
i very carefully rested my 6 1/2" x 24" ruler standing up on the seat of my chair while using another ruler to cut. Promptly snapped it in half when I sat on it to mark some things on my papers.... very upset! I managed to patch it by super glueing the two halves together, using baking soda to draw the glue into the joint, and attaching another ( 4 1/2" square) over the joint for stability and strength. The ruler is still going strong years later.
The baking soda fix was the advice from the local hardware store (which has since closed)... our friends used to say:" If Howey's doesn't have it, you don't need it"... sure miss that store...
Please explain how to use the baking soda. Have not heard of that.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Yes, I have done meandering without a stencil, but for some projects that I use my designated machien for I like the consistancy that the stencil provides. I also have a Janome 1600P on a small Grace frame for the larger projects. Somehow for me, it's almost like two different meandering. I'm wierd...I know it.
I have been battling myself and meandering. Yeah, I can do it and it is OK but I am not always pleased even after many years of practice. Perhaps it is time for me to purchase a stencil so I can get the consistency that my heart and my eyes desire. Thank for the reminder of one more way to get the results I really want. Not every quilt will show its best with straight line stitching, crosshatching or channeling. Time to shop may be on the horizon.

(And I will keep the duct tape handy too .) Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 09-30-2022, 04:25 AM

Ginger...I use the stencil with a Crayola washable marker to mark the pattern on the fabric. It's not used on a sewing machine.