2022 UFO challenge

Old 10-02-2022, 03:52 AM

Late to the game, but boy do i need this!
I was chosen to be the Featured Quilter at my guild's quilt show in April '23.
super excited, followed by instant "holy carp, i gotta lot to do."
my top priority ufo list goals:
~continue hand quilting a quilt I'm calling "Scrap Vomit" 😁
~finish binding a quilt for my dad
~finish quilting a shoo fly quilt that's been sitting for at least 4 years 🙄
~finish quilting a sampler quilt
Old 10-02-2022, 03:38 PM

Made a quick check of UFOs and WIP. Where did all of these quilts come from?
OK........... October goal finish two UFOs and one WIP. That means I need to stop looking at patterns or starting additional projects until I get some things "out the door".

maominjeri, welcome to the group. It is never to late to jump in and start the process of cleaning up the list of UFOs. You have many, many friends who are on the same journey.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by naominjeri View Post
Late to the game, but boy do i need this!
I was chosen to be the Featured Quilter at my guild's quilt show in April '23.
super excited, followed by instant "holy carp, i gotta lot to do."
my top priority ufo list goals:
~continue hand quilting a quilt I'm calling "Scrap Vomit" 😁
~finish binding a quilt for my dad
~finish quilting a shoo fly quilt that's been sitting for at least 4 years 🙄
~finish quilting a sampler quilt
welcome. How much area do you get? How many quilts will you get to display?
Old 10-03-2022, 03:46 PM

Welcome Naomi, good luck in all your efforts in preparing for the '23 show, all the success to you

cherryb
Old 10-04-2022, 08:22 AM

welcome Naominjeri.

Rob
Old 10-06-2022, 08:31 PM

Welcome Naominjeri.

‘I’m making slow process on my few October UFO’s. I just need to bind the brown sampler & Bauble Beads quilts. Then sew blocks and then top together on my Halloween top and r/w/blk tops. All are UFOs. If I have time I plan to quilt some Halloween UFOs projects. Well that’s my goals for October.

In September I completed a 30’s disappearing 4 patch & 2.5” batik scrappy quilts. I quilted 3 baby tops (not UFOs) for my friend.

I hope to hear others project progress.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:26 AM

I am working on two UFOs/WIps this weekend. One quilt just needs quilting and binding and the second will get layered today. Progress, I my word of the weekend.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:31 PM

Well, I finally found my way out of that 'rabbit hole' and put away the embroidering and the cross-stitching and did a little sewing. Only made an apron for my oldest granddaughter. She asked for it so it finally had to happen. Planning a trip back to Kansas for a little visit. But I will be carrying one of my FW with me and I am really going to get some sewing done this time. I am tired of using excuses, time is getting short, and my production time is narrowing down. So look forward to hearing more from when I am there. Have a good evening, everyone

cherryb
Old 10-24-2022, 12:38 PM

Wow, I’m really late joining for this year! Hi everyone! I’ve got a ton of UFO’s that have been sitting in a storage locker for almost 10 years while we were snowbirds! Covid ended that and now we’re stationary in the Great White North in Ontario Canada again. ☹️ Oh well, at least I have a sewing room again and I’ve got everything out of storage and am happily working on finishing things that sat for all that time. Got a bunch of quilts to work on - shouldn’t have to buy fabric again for years! Yeah, right - like that’s going to happen! 😀 My husband would like to think so! LOL

Anyway, glad to be here and see what everyone is working on. Look forward to talking to all of you! Take care!
Cathy
Old 10-24-2022, 05:57 PM

Welcome, CraftyCathy! Mom always said, "Better late, than never!" Jump in and finish up a few or a bunch. You will feel wonderful. I am also part of the 2022 Fabric Moratorium group too. It is fun to challenge yourself to not shop for a month except from your stash. Then stretch it to two months. I only shop for what is not in my stash and what I need rather than what I want. I have been so blessed with fabric that my need is pretty limited. Sounds like you have a stash that will meet your need to create too. Surprise your husband. Looking forward to seeing your finishes in our collection of photos soon.