Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Virtual Quilting Weekend 10/7-10/10/22

Old 10-08-2022, 10:38 AM

I got my two bed runner flimsiest done. It think I have enough fabric for the backs. These will travel over to my sister to be quilted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F14CBC9B-AC57-467C-A5E3-BB27B638C5FE.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	640802   Click image for larger version

Name:	F5D7D3B2-6B68-4050-B040-3823A118C8FE.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	640803  
Old 10-08-2022, 12:20 PM

Default Saturday Afternoon Update

cjsews - those colors are so pretty together, love those runners!

sewingitalltogether - that Vintage Rose is s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. I honestly can't wait to see that completed.

I'm having a slow start today, I managed to get some stitching done on Slow Living and my holo thread is here so I can grid my next two cross stitch projects. I finished up getting all of my Aida cloth together and put into a couple of bags, they're now in with my patterns, just a couple more things to do and I can honestly say, this will be the most organized I've ever had my cross stitch supplies. I'm super happy and the floor stand has been a game changer, I didn't realize just how incredibly freeing it's been to have both hands available. I'm still struggling just a little with the two hand method, but I'm chalking that up to learning something new and it's helping my eye-hand coordination, which I needed.

Today, I'm going to clean up and straighten up around my sewing corner, right now it's upended because of the floor stand and my cross stitch. Once I do the clean up, then I'll break everything out for bowl cozies.

I think it's my computer that's giving me a fit about posting pics, so I'll use my phone later so I can post them and get some ideas on the fat quarter bundle I bought. My other half doesn't think the Meadowland Quilt will be a good one for them, so I'll be open to any suggestions.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:06 PM

Well, after sorting through the pile of "stuff", I still couldn't find the pattern I was searching for and realized I must not have purchased it in the first place! Since it's for a workshop I'm taking in November, I downloaded the pattern and pulled the fabric for it. Although it doesn't appear that I've accomplished much, I'm happy so far with my productivity. Tonight I'm working on an analysis of prospective retirement locations.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:57 PM

1. Quilt one large baby/throw quilt.
2. Layer one more quilt Done
3. Go to Shipshewana with friends on Saturday. (Going to shop for baking ingredients, a bed spread, bird seed and just a little bit of fabric. ) Done
4. Cut the pieces for an exchange block challenge with my quilt group.
5. Make my ornament for the ornament swap - Shh------can't tell what I am working on.
6. If I get bored.............quilt and add binding to some holiday potholder gifts. (Layered and quilted 10 holiday potholders. No binding.)

Not to bad to this point. Will complete #4 while and apple pie bakes this evening. Yumm!
Tomorrow will be picture day........ I hope.

Old 10-08-2022, 05:29 PM

True story here. I didn't think I would really be able to join on this weekend as I am participating in a craft show both Saturday and Sunday. One of the items I had, we're quilts. I brought 4, and before lunch time they had all sold. A few days ago, I had ordered another 2yards on line of the material I am using on the front, it was delivered today.... guess who is sewing tonight to have another quilt for the craft fair tomorrow......I'll check on tomorrow night and read what everyone has been working on this weekend, but this lady has had a long day, and I hear my pillow calling my name. Enjoy.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:34 PM

sewingitall, that is a gorgeous piece of work and good luck at finishing it like you want

cherryb
Old 10-08-2022, 08:51 PM

I started my second quilt, a variation of Grandma's Fan called Twirling Fan. My quilting desire may be bigger than my abilities. The fans are cut and piecing started. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:50 AM

I didn't finish quilting the Statefair Midway quilt yesterday, but decided to put it aside for the moment and work on Big Fish. After quilting a bit, my bobbin started rattling and even though I know better, I decided to keep going because it looked great on the top. Of course, there was a mess on the back. The bobbin thread had gotten wrapped around the latch on the bobbin case and was causing serious tension issues. I ended up taking out everything I'd quilted and starting over- fortunately I'd only been doing the "ditch" quilting in the black areas of unpainted fabric around the individual motifs, so I was able to take the stitching out no problem. Today I'm going to continue working on Big Fish since it has a deadline attached.

Rob
Old 10-09-2022, 08:43 AM

STILL working on hand quilting my flower garden. One day it will be finished. (I hope).
Old 10-09-2022, 10:38 AM

Good day everyone. I’m working on my niece’s Halloween top. I have 12 blocks pinned, pinning the sub pieces into the 16” blocks. I have 4 more blocks to pin, then I can sew the blocks together. Tomorrow I plan to sew the top together. Later today I will sew the binding on the 2 quilts needing binding. Then I will set up my king quilt on the long arm. Then I can focus on the r/w/blk blocks for my niece later in the week. So keeping busy. Have fun sewing/quilting everyone.