Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Comfortable Shoes for Travel >

Comfortable Shoes for Travel

Comfortable Shoes for Travel

Old 08-31-2022, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

The best shoes I ever wore were Sketcher E lites. Can't find them anymore.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

If I am constantly reminded I have shoes on then I won't wear them. I wear Clark shoes for everyday and they are so comfortable I forget I'm wearing shoes They look nice enough to be out and about too. I found the one style I like and bought two pair in black, navy, and pewter. Pewter is my favorite color of shoes. Kinda gold color for Clarks. One pair last over a year before looking beat up so I don't worry about buying shoes for a very long time.I keep one pair of black and one pair of navy put up for dressier wear even though I wear them with jeans too.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:37 PM

Default Comfortable shoes

If I were to recommend a comfortable athletic shoe it would have to be Vionic. If I were to recommend a dressier comfortable one it would be Alegria. Alegria has sandals, dressier shoes as well as athletic shoes which I found not to be as comfortable as Vionic. Birkinstocks are an alternative but not for everyone. I've reached an age where I like a strap around my heal now.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:28 AM

Not a shoe, but my advice to everyone going on vacation is always to buy a golf skort. They are comf and have a few zippered pockets so you don't have to carry a purse and are safe from pickpockets.
Hope you found a comfy pair of shoes!

Watson
Old 10-05-2022, 11:39 PM

New Balance is what I like. Feet do not hurt
Old 10-11-2022, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
Comfortable shoes depend on the shape of your foot. All brands are not designed to fit all feet. Visit some upscale shoe stores and try one shoes. Talk to salespeople. Have your feet measured. Get something that fits well and make sure to wear it plenty of times before you travel.

I have very hard-to-fit feet and have suffered many blisters, especially on trips. Take blister treatment just in case.
well said. The brand best for me could be the worst for you.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:51 AM

Ecco's are my go to shoe -- fully adjustable with velcro tabs, and approved by my podiatrist. I wear sandals, but in cold weather they will accommodate socks.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:43 PM

My only shoes are Duty Boots. I've worn them for so many years I cannot get comfortable in any other type of shoes. They also support my ankles when I had to walk my security patrol zones. Nothing better IMHO
Old 10-12-2022, 02:15 AM

As an old nurse I liked Hoka sneakers and Allegra shoes. Yes they are pricey but you don’t have to break them in and my legs won’t hurt at the end of the day. Allegra has sales on their shoes all the time
Old 10-12-2022, 06:20 AM

I have a pair of walking shoes by Merrill. I love those and highly recommend them.