Dyson vacs

Old 09-28-2022, 09:08 AM

I have had a Dyson Animal vac for years. Ive lost track of the years. Of all of the vacuums that I have owned (been married 59 years) this Dyson is definitely my favorite of them all. I did like my Oreck but didn't like the fact that there were no attachments for it. I still use the Oreck in the basement. One time I had to replace something with the head motor, but it was easy and soooo much cheaper than buying a new vacuum. I would definitely buy another if the need ever arose.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

I'm the same way Chasing Hawk, I want things that make my life easier not fancier. I do like functional things to be pretty though. My husband thought buying a pretty painted broom didn't make any difference since it was a broom and in the closet 98% of the time. It does to me so we have a pretty painted broom. LOL
Old 10-17-2022, 08:46 PM

Default Vacuum cleaners

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I am in need of a better vacuum. My current Eureka bag-less vac is at least 5 years old and not doing a very good job anymore. I keep the filters clean, replace them when needed, it just doesn't seem to have enough umph anymore.

I have been looking at the Dyson Animal vac. Does anyone here use a Dyson vac? What are your thoughts about them? How well does the vac work with pets in the house, in regards to the pet hair? Plus all the things they track in on thier paws and fur.
Paying a bit more for a quality vac that I will be able to use for years to come.
I have one of the first Animal cordless. It does a fair job on bare floors but I can only get about 30 minutes of use out of a charge before it's time to charge again. I usually want to vacuum a full level of my house at a time so it's not efficient. I also have one of the older Dyson roller ball uprights that just stopped sucking a darned thing. I had to use my husband's shop vac to vacuum some chairs. That was the last straw. I'll get the upright serviced if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've learned that all these cordless vacs are made to last about 3 years. I did get more than that out of the upright Dyson but would never buy another one.

Wny do these vacuums go out so quickly? They don't provide an owner's manual. They expect you to download and print one from their website. They also don't make it known where their filters are. When the filters are clogged the vacuum has no suction.I've never found anywhere to replace filters on the upright so will get it serviced for a spare or have my husband carry it upstairs so I have one that will do floors all at once instead of waiting for the sticck to charge.

After wading through 12 pages of vacuums on Amazon which were nothing but cordless, bagless sticks I just about gave up. I was looking for a canister bag style. I don't like dumping the cordless and upright due to allergy problems. I found 3 canister-style vacuums, Kenmore. That thing will suck the carpet off the floor. It's not overly heavy and has large wheels so it's nothing to pull while doing the job. All attachments are onboard, retractable cord, and isn't so heavy I can manage to carry it upstairs. I have a plug halfway up my staircase I can plug in and vacuum stairs all at one time. Has a slightly longer than normal "stick" that attaches to the hose so I don't have to bend to vacuum, plus, the cord is about 6ft. long. Also, it came with a bag and filter. I could order and did more bags and filters. I couldn't be happier unless I won the lottery

Old 10-18-2022, 12:02 AM

I have a dyson I don,t use anymore. It is too heavy to drag around. I wend to the cordless LG that I got at Coscto. I like it !
Old 10-18-2022, 03:41 AM

We have had a Dyson animal vac for at least ten years. It does an excellent job, we have had to replace some minor parts because things wear out. We kept the paperwork from when we bought the vac and were able to order the parts directly from Dyson. Later we found out that Amazon sells Dyson parts also.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:50 AM

Chasing Hawk, we had a Dyson DC35 for 10 years and just recently the battery pack gave out. It was a cordless, very light weight, did a wonderful job on carpets and also had a floor attachment. So we just purchased the Dyson cyclone v10 to replace it. Also a cordless, quite a bit heavier than the first, but it too works great on carpets. We had one house cat and the Dyson DC35 never had a problem cleaning cat hair up. No longer have a cat, but this cyclone seems to have even more power than the first, so super satisfied with staying with Dyson. Good luck on whichever you find that works well for you.