Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Is there a program that takes out double stitches >

Is there a program that takes out double stitches

Is there a program that takes out double stitches

Old 10-26-2022, 04:17 PM

Default Is there a program that takes out double stitches

I have lots of embroidery patterns I have purchased not realizing they were composed of double stitches and would like to take them out and make it single lines but so far haven't been able to find a program and directions on how to do this. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate knowing.

thanks
Old 10-27-2022, 03:52 AM

Have you watched the design stitch out? Do the double stitches run side-by-side until complete? I don't know how this type of design could be edited to run a single stitch.

Most software programs will edit/delete a thread change design that is part of the overall design. You need to be able to see the different steps in the design.If the EMB machine shows the design on the screen, it can be skipped and not stitched. No editing needed just a careful watch when stitching the design.

The other option is to find a single stitch design to use.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:01 PM
Gay

Are these 'redwork' designs ? You would need an expensive digitising program to make any alterations, and some designs just can't be changed.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:14 PM

I think it won't be possible but hoped someone would know of something. I wish the descriptions would contain that information. What they are doing is taking a stitch then taking a stitch back over the first then forward so there are actually 3 stitches in each stitch. Some are running back over the whole design making it a double stitched design. If I had known that I wouldn't have bought them. Live and learn I guess. If there was a way I figured all the wonderful people on this board would know!
Old 10-27-2022, 04:39 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Please explain what/why this overstitching is/is it desirable. Does it make the the design too thick?
I have recently bought a Bernina 590 and am very new to this upgraded program after so many years with the 440 Artista program.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Please explain what/why this overstitching is/is it desirable. Does it make the the design too thick?
I have recently bought a Bernina 590 and am very new to this upgraded program after so many years with the 440 Artista program.
These are usually outline designs or quilting and not fill designs. It adds definition to the stitches and quite pretty. I have some EMB quilting designs that have the option of single stitch or triple stitch. The triple is going to take longer to stitch out.

Example to show and does include fill stitches.

https://www.anitagoodesign.com/produ...ottes-flowers/

Old 10-28-2022, 08:43 AM

I like to embroider with a double stitch pattern and try to get them instead of a single run, but I can understand you wanting a single run. So I'm throwing this question out....would it work to use a really thin thread, maybe an 80 or 100 weight...to decrease the bulk on the pattern? I have no idea......
Old 10-28-2022, 05:10 PM

I have to have a single stitch. These are quilting designs. Thanks for all the input.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:00 AM

What type of design theme do you want for the quilt?

There are EMB design vendors that have a single thread designs available for quilting ITH. They offer different sized blocks and some have designs for quilting the borders. I use those quite often to match the quilting stitches with the project.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:05 PM

Thank you. I do have many designs already and am just being greedy. I bought these patterns and was disappointed that I couldn't use them on my quilting machine. I doubt I will use them as embroidery patterns although I am stubborn enough I may do it anyway.